Does anyone get sick of their own cooking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I sometimes don't feel like cooking. Right now, for instance. I had plans, and have all the ingredients ready to cook. I'm just not feeling the motivation to do the actually cooking.

CD

It's better to get sick of your own cooking than to get sick from your own cooking.
Invite a friend over, make them something nice. Let them invite you over and make you something nice.
Let someone else suggest something you should try, like fig bars. :-p

Im going with bored instead of sick, but yeah. Making a dinner list for the week sometimes is challenging, cause it seems like everything I think of, we just had the week before ( even if it's been months). I like to try different ingredients, cuisines, techniques to get inspired. I also , when I go out to eat, order things I've never had before to try and get new ideas in my head. There is also something about eating something that someone else made that kinds makes it taste better. Im the only one who cooks in my house ( my wife toys , but usually unsuccessfully) so its kinda all on me.

Its funny, sometimes when we go through what we want for dinner for the week, we can go through like 20 things before agreeing on one dish.

Also, do to diet and health restrictions, I cant cook the way I really want to cook ( cause I know what Im putting in the dish). Thats why, when we eat out, it's our cheat night and I dont think about all the carbs, sugar, salt .... that I would , at the very least, cut back on. you know, the things that make everything taste better.

Bored is the word that comes to mind with me, too, but I have several cuisines I cook things from all the time - Thai, and other SE Asian, Chinese, Indian, and Italian, mostly - and what happens with me is I get a "craving", for some things I haven't made for a while, which might be any of those cuisines. I also get cravings for some things I don't have from one growing season to the next!

Bored and oomph are my bane. When ever you hear me say I had cheese and crackers, you know darned well that there are 6 or more recipes scattered around that I couldn't make up my mind on, finally got fed up and lost all my oomph.
... and then I've usually shoved everything back in the fridge.

The only time I get tired of my cooking is if we are finishing off, over a few days, something that didn't turn out to appeal to us. It doesn't happen often.

To keep from getting bored with cooking, I like to mix it up and learn new dishes. Some will be keepers, some will become favourites, others will have been good, but enough effort that I likely won't make it again. Being a member of this forum is one of the ways I learn new ideas about cooking and have a support group when learning some new things.

The only time I get tired of my cooking is if we are finishing off, over a few days, something that didn't turn out to appeal to us. It doesn't happen often.

To keep from getting bored with cooking, I like to mix it up and learn new dishes. Some will be keepers, some will become favourites, others will have been good, but enough effort that I likely won't make it again. Being a member of this forum is one of the ways I learn new ideas about cooking and have a support group when learning some new things.
I try my hardest try at least one new dish every week or two. It doesn't always work out, but it's the thought that counts. Some are hits, and some are misses but it's great when I find something new to add to the rotation. I remember years ago I made a list of everything I could make for dinner. I figured if we had a list, it would be easy to select from , and having everything in front of us, we wouldn't be missing anything. I was impressed by how long the list was. There were many times we thumbed through the whole list just to settle on taking in something. Some of it was just being bored, and the other part was knowing how much work had to go into preparing a certain dish and just not being in the mood to dissemble the kitchen.

I don't really.
Sometimes I don't cook and grab something from the freezer, but mostly I cook. And mostly I like what I cook.
Sometimes no inspiration, sometimes not hungry, sometimes I start something but then go and eat something else

For me, that happens randomly, and without warning. like yesterday, when I had plans for dinner, and all the stuff gathered, but then when it was time to do the cooking, I didn't want to actually do it. I tossed together a sandwich, instead.

CD
I've had that happen multiple times. OR then there is the time when you already start the process and start thing to yourself " What did I get myself into" and there's no turning back.

I have a million recipes I haven't prepared yet. I am with the sick OF cooking crowd. Dirty dishes the bane of all good cooks. Why can't I be rich and have a maid.. LOL
Me and my wife have an unwritten agreement. I do all the cooking and make the mess, in turn, she cleans up after me and gets a home cooked meal. I do try to help but apparently my cleaning abilities dont live up to her standards ( and I truly do try). :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom