Does anyone have a Lawry's Seasoned Salt recipe?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sorry can't help with the Lawry's recipe, but I have a good one for Bob's Big Boy Seasoning Salt. I use "Linda's" on THIS LINK

Hopefully, someone else will be along soon with better help!

Oh, thank you Gin. You are so sweet.
56d663e4890b82e88c8f703d14cc55a2.jpg

Regarding the Lawrey’s. Here ‘s what’s in it. It’s mostly salt. Add the other ingredients to your taste.

Salt. Sugar. Spices (Including Paprika and Turmeric). Onion. Cornstarch. Garlic. Tricalcium Phosphate (Prevents Caking). Natural Flavor. Paprika Oleoresin (for Color).

This is the recipe I use.

2 T. salt
2 t. white sugar
3/4 t. paprika
1/4 t. onion powder
1/4 t. garlic powder
1/4 t. corn starch

I multiply this recipe when making it. I have two trusted recipes that call for Lawrey's salt and I go through this mix pretty fast.

Regarding the Lawrey’s. Here ‘s what’s in it. It’s mostly salt. Add the other ingredients to your taste.

Salt. Sugar. Spices (Including Paprika and Turmeric). Onion. Cornstarch. Garlic. Tricalcium Phosphate (Prevents Caking). Natural Flavor. Paprika Oleoresin (for Color).
I thought it was pretty much a given that most Seasoning mixes were mainly salt in the first place. Am I wrong?

Here is a recipe I found online.

1⁄3 cup fine salt (Morton Popcorn Salt)
3 1⁄2 teaspoons superfine sugar
1 1⁄2 teaspoons cornstarch
1 1⁄2 tablespoons celery salt (4 1/2 teaspoons)
1 tablespoon paprika
1 1⁄2 teaspoons onion powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon ground turmeric
1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper

===================
ADD INS
2 teaspoons ground mustard
2 teaspoons onion powder
1 teaspoon oregano
1/2 teaspoon white pepper

What I am trying to achieve is the perfect all-purpose seasoning mixture. I don't really want the salt I am more interested in the seasoning. I figured many of you had created on your own mix. I wanted to compare it to this mixture. See what ya'll thought.

There are a number of seasoning mixes that I make and use. They are time savers for me. I have a Taco mix and a Fish Taco mix, Chorizo mix, Tuscan mix, gyro mix and my "all purpose" mix. I also make Myron Mixon's "The Only BBQ Rub You'll Ever Need" and his "The Only Other BBQ Rub You'll Ever Need"...these I make in large batches.

From the title of this thread, I thought you were looking for Lawry's, in particular?

Thanks Gin,
I too have spice mixes that I use in different foods. I am on a mission to create a general spice mix to add to some of my dishes that are on the boring side. I don't want to necessarily add heat to this mix. I am more interested in layers of flavoring.
Can you share the ingredients in your "all purpose" mix?

That would help me out a lot.

This is the recipe I use.

2 T. salt
2 t. white sugar
3/4 t. paprika
1/4 t. onion powder
1/4 t. garlic powder
1/4 t. corn starch

I multiply this recipe when making it. I have two trusted recipes that call for Lawrey's salt and I go through this mix pretty fast.

Thanks BZ for sharing that recipe.
I copied it for my research file. :)

Here's a link to my CMT page for one AP that I've used: AP Seasoning - as requested. That said, it isn't one that will kick things up. This is more of my go-to when I'm too lazy to grab a bunch of things. From there, I can add whatever might be my fancy for a particular dish. Might be basil, might be cumin, might be oregano, and so on...

Here's a link to my CMT page for one AP that I've used: AP Seasoning - as requested. That said, it isn't one that will kick things up. This is more of my go-to when I'm too lazy to grab a bunch of things. From there, I can add whatever might be my fancy for a particular dish. Might be basil, might be cumin, might be oregano, and so on...
Thanks Gin... I appreciate all of your help...

i get a lot of the trader joe spice mixes. i can't imagine buying any more - my spice rack is SO full!!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom