Going MIA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
what have i missed here? bt, you've always made my top ten list, so i'll be missing your frequent posts--they are regularly just brimming with compassion, wisdom and a unique wit. just remember, the door's always wide open to you....

what have i missed here? bt, you've always made my top ten list, so i'll be missing your frequent posts--they are regularly just brimming with compassion, wisdom and a unique wit. just remember, the door's always wide open to you....

+ 1 :)

buckytom said:
i won't be around much for the foreseeable future.

work has amp'd up due to the pro football season, plus i'll be coaching my son's football team. also, i've taken on much more responsibility with the cub scouts, especially to do with fundraising and assisting with 2 dens.

so, i'll be around, but infrequently. i'll see ya when i see ya.

You will be missed. I, for one, will miss your posts. I like your honesty, and love to hear your Boy Scout stories. God bless you for your involvement with the Boy Scouts of America. My husband and I spent many years working with scouts when our boys were younger. I hope my grandsons will run into someone as great as you when they are old enough to be scouts.
Don't work too hard, and save some time for you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bucky T, you know I will miss you - you have become a dear friend. I hope that when work and son related activities slow down that you will feel better about the other reasons and come back to us.

:bangin:Ohh football schmootball, BuckyTom :-p
I just got back and saw a post of yours in another thread and was ecstatic to see that you were still here...so you just can't go *poof*...I mean, you still have to eat...so stop by here on occasion and join us for a glass of wine, some tasty creations, and good conversation. I've missed you.

Last edited:
Hey, MollyAnne. I'm so glad to see you back. I missed you.

Sorry you weren't feeling so good, but glad you're better.

You will be missed. I, for one, will miss your posts. I like your honesty, and love to hear your Boy Scout stories. God bless you for your involvement with the Boy Scouts of America. My husband and I spent many years working with scouts when our boys were younger. I hope my grandsons will run into someone as great as you when they are old enough to be scouts.
Don't work too hard, and save some time for you.

Yeah, speaking of boyscouts.. they are holding their national jamboree here close to me in 2013. In fact, right next to where I work. I am wondering how I will make it to work on time that week. :huh:

Yeah, speaking of boyscouts.. they are holding their national jamboree here close to me in 2013. In fact, right next to where I work. I am wondering how I will make it to work on time that week. :huh:

Well, you won't have to look far for one to help you cross the street.:angel:

Merlot said:

One of my sons was able to make it to the National Jamboree in 2001. It was shortly before the 9/11 attacks. They visited the capitol, tomb of the unknown soldier, and several other attractions while there. We were so thankful that all the boys were home safe before all heck broke loose in that area.

Hope leaving for work a little early for a few days doesn't cramp your style.

I feel like I just arrived at a homecoming with the old friends and talk of football. MA and Vit, it's good to see you back. BT, you need tailgating ideas for all of that football! ;)

Buckytom, maybe Bolas and Harry will carry on while you're otherwise occupied - but it won't be the same without you. Hurry back.

So glad that Vitauta and Mollyanne have found their way back home! The place wasn't the same without you! Now as for you BT..... Can't we still count on your late night posts? Sleep is over-rated you know ;-). Just kidding have fun with the coaching and sorry about the extra work, I know about that myself :).

bt, I love hearing and reading the stories about you and your son. You two have such a special relationship. I am a sucker when it comes to kids. I always enjoy hearing about an adult doing the right thing for a child. And you seem to be doing that everyday. I will mis you. So stop in when you can. I look forward to hearing from you as often as you can. :angel:

Is anyone in contact with babetoo? I am very concerned about her. If someone can email or call her and let us know how she is doing and whether she got the proper help.

Edit: I just found her email address and sent a message to her. If I hear anything I will post it here.

Last edited:
One of my sons was able to make it to the National Jamboree in 2001. It was shortly before the 9/11 attacks. They visited the capitol, tomb of the unknown soldier, and several other attractions while there. We were so thankful that all the boys were home safe before all heck broke loose in that area.

Hope leaving for work a little early for a few days doesn't cramp your style.

I could leave at the crack of dawn for work, I run late because of my child. :wacko: I'm glad they will be coming to this area.. it is beautiful and a lot of outdoor activities for them to enjoy. :)

Is anyone in contact with babetoo? I am very concerned about her. If someone can email or call her and let us know how she is doing and whether she got the proper help.

Edit: I just found her email address and sent a message to her. If I hear anything I will post it here.

I hope shes ok and I hope we hear something soon!

LPBeier said:

Thanks for doing this Laurie..... I have been really worried too .....and there is just too much "bad news" lately.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom