What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I finally got around to shrink wrapping these pork balls after a busy few days..they have been sitting in the freezer on a cookie sheet..I could think of better things to be doing at 7 a.m. but, I'm happy they are done,,

Attachments

• 49071655_1220022414813584_8232437976890605568_n (2).jpg
    49071655_1220022414813584_8232437976890605568_n (2).jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 73
Getting ready to make a batch of vanishing oatmeal cookies.

Andy, I've made those! It is amazing how they are there one minute and gone the next! :LOL:

Besides catching up here at DC, I am having a meeting later today with my first bride in about 3 years! I know I retired from wedding cakes but this is for the young couple next door who are just the sweetest couple ever. The wedding is in May (May the fourth be with you to be exact); however, there are going to be some tricky decorations so I want to at least know what I need so I can pace myself. If you get all the sugar work out of the way you can make the cake in those last few days and have it all fresh.

I finally got around to shrink wrapping these pork balls after a busy few days..they have been sitting in the freezer on a cookie sheet..I could think of better things to be doing at 7 a.m. but, I'm happy they are done,,

Rock, that looks like what I do for Miley! I buy Costco packs of beef, pork, and turkey, make balls out of them, IQF and bag them. I don't shrink wrap them because she goes through two a day!

I also hard boil eggs and chop up all sorts of raw veggies. Feeding her is more work than feeding us with all our food intolerances! ;)

I've tried the pre-mixed raw food but it is expensive and she gets tired of it quickly.

Sounds fun, Dawg! I've seen some pretty impressive crafts done from wine corks - I should have started saving them from back in the day, I'd have a bunch. :ermm::LOL: Hoping to see a pic of your table if you care to share...

I wish most wine bottles nowadays still have real cork instead of the plastic ones. LOL

I'm working on a pic but having “technical difficulties” (my technicals need work!)

Been so busy - 6 grandchildren fairly close by (at least they're all in California!) but living in different counties, with different schedules and school breaks. Been spending the past few days with my oldest granddaughters, ages 14 and 17. :wub: They're amazing young ladies and like all the grands, are growing up way too fast.

This week my oldest daughter, SIL and 3 grandsons ages 5, 7, and 9 from out of town will be here - probably my younger daughter and SIL and Tyler.....this house will be crazy fun with 4 very active little boys. LOL. :wacko::LOL: Was trying to decide on foodies and thought about pizza - but I think I'll just get some deli meats and cheeses, breads, fruit, various drinks, spread it all out on the dining room table and everyone will just dig in whenever they want. :chef:

Or you could have them "make their own pizzas". Get different sizes of naan bread (or pita, or pizza bases), sauce, bags of cheese, and different toppings. I just did that kind of spread. I cut up, cooked and crumbled, or tore any kind of meat or veggie I could think someone would want on a pizza. Fun!

Laughing at Hermione...she found the bells hanging in the hall and has to jump straight up 5 feet to hit the bottom bell. She's been at it for about two hours now, every time she goes by. I just hope she forgets about it on work nights.

I'm eating some egg rolls. It is 36 minutes into 2019, and nothing seems any different.

Time to go on a diet, start exercising, get organized, spend less money, and read more.

That's what I'll be doing most of next week... maybe. :neutral:

CD

Or you could have them "make their own pizzas". Get different sizes of naan bread (or pita, or pizza bases), sauce, bags of cheese, and different toppings. I just did that kind of spread. I cut up, cooked and crumbled, or tore any kind of meat or veggie I could think someone would want on a pizza. Fun!

That's a thought - they'd have fun with that, although it would be a big mess. :ermm::LOL: I'll be talking to Rebecca tomorrow and see what she and SIL thinks. We may end up going out to a kid friendly restaurant. :)

Laughing at Hermione...she found the bells hanging in the hall and has to jump straight up 5 feet to hit the bottom bell. She's been at it for about two hours now, every time she goes by. I just hope she forgets about it on work nights.

:LOL: Cats are hilarious! My grandson has a fishing pole-type stick with a string attached, and feathers tied to the end. He flips that around and his cats go all contortionist jumping up and attacking the feathers. LOL

I used to let my kids make English Muffin pizzas. A great rainy day activity. Or any day for that matter.

I brought home the new car today. Since I am the king of leftovers, I bought a leftover 2018 Honda CRV.

Got a great deal; $5k under the sticker.

Now I need to add aftermarket stuff: bull bar, trailer hitch, ski/canoe rails/racks.

I really want a hitch cover that looks like a claymore mine, but I'd probably get stopped at the GW bridge into the city every night, lol.

Hope you have many adventurous and happy miles of safe driving in that car, bt. My SIL and her hubby got a new CR-V when they bought their SUV. Very nice wheels. Are we going to get to see a photo? More importantly, is your son getting your older car? :ermm:

I can't remember the last time we bought a new car - maybe the mid-1980s? Since then we've have exceptional luck with used. That way we can get features we could only dream of in a new vehicle. It helps, too, when you have a good, honest mechanic. I've always said a good mechanic is harder to find than a good doctor.

Nursing some very sore muscles in my stump. I decided to bite the bullet and go for rehab. I finally have my weight up to 80 lbs. If I can just hold it there even for just a month, I will be happy. So I reported to rehab and while holding onto the bars and standing up straight on my one leg, she had me swinging my stump in all directions. I could only do it for ten minutes, but it is a start.

I brought home the new car today. Since I am the king of leftovers, I bought a leftover 2018 Honda CRV.

Now I need to add aftermarket stuff: bull bar, trailer hitch, ski/canoe rails/racks.

I really want a hitch cover that looks like a claymore mine, but I'd probably get stopped at the GW bridge into the city every night, lol.

Between SO and me we're on our third CR-V. We think they're great. They last forever and keep their resale value.

Nice score Bucky! Does it have adaptive cruise control? That's my favorite feature on my Mazda CX5.

Last edited:
Thanks CG, Andy, and K-L.

CG, I've been teasing my son that his first car will be my old truck while he has dreams of getting a Camaro in 2+ years.
He just says, "I'm not driving that death trap."

The front right tire has dry rot; the engine constantly misses and often bucks going uphill so you have to downshift a lot (it's a stick); it's burning a gallon of anti-freeze every 2 months; it doesn't go into 4wd any longer; the a.c. died; the front 2 widows don't go down any longer; the windshield washer pumps died; and it has almost 260k miles on it, almost all from hard, city driving.

Lol, it'll actually be donated to St Jude's Children's Hospital in a few weeks. I'm sure they can get some money out of an old death trap.

Still, I'm going to miss it. I was just thinking that we brought our son home in it when he was born. We went on many, many great road trips in it, loading it up to the gills with stuff on the way home. I never even had to miss work because of a blizzard or bad storm in all those years. I'll be sad to see it hauled away for parts and scrap.

Anyway, yes, K-L, the new car has adaptive cruise control, but I'm not sure how much I'll use it driving in and around the city. Bumper to bumper traffic is the norm here, even at 60 mph. The a.c.c. was turned on the first time I test drove it, and I thought there was something wrong with the engine because it kept holding back. :)

If I hadn't gotten such a good deal, I was going to buy the Mazda CX-5.

The CRV has so many other neat features, though.

The blind spot warning thing is so cool, as well as the lane warning/keeping assist, and the 3 views backup camera. I'll definitely be using the backup camera when I parallel park every night.

I'm not used to so many tech features. The last car I bought for myself was in 2003, and 1990 before that.

The only thing I wish it had was a CD player. Only Bluetooth and an MP3 player.
It has an audio input of some sort; I'll have to see how to wire in a portable CD player. Or maybe just join this century and go with Sirius and IHeartradio.

Andy, how well does it handle the snow?

Last edited:
Loved your story about your beloved ol' truck, Bucky. I get that it'll be a little hard to part with, what with the memories and all.

Congrats on your new ride! My daughter just bought a new Honda CRV and loves it. I haven't gone for a ride in it yet, but soon. :)

...The only thing I wish it had was a CD player. Only Bluetooth and an MP3 player.
It has an audio input of some sort; I'll have to see how to wire in a portable CD player. Or maybe just join this century and go with Sirius and IHeartradio.

Andy, how well does it handle the snow?

Two things:

Years ago copied all my CDs onto my hard drive then transferred a selection to a thumb drive. That thumb drive plugs into the input in the CR-V (mine is in the console between the front seats) and I control it with the car's audio controls.

It's pretty good in the snow. Never any problems getting out of our parking space and driving in the snow. As we are both retired, we don't do a lot of driving in the snow.

BT, Honda's Real Time AWD system is not the best, but on level roadways, like the ones you are likely to drive on in snow, it will get you to work. By level, I don't mean no hills, I mean most roadways -- equal traction (or lack of it) at all four wheels.

Stay on paved roads, and you should be okay.

For AWD systems, Audi quattro is the gold standard, and Subaru makes the best Japanese AWD system, but for most snow driving, most AWD cars will be okay -- certainly better than 2WD.

BTW, full-time AWD and part-time 4WD are not the same thing. Part-time 4WD is not going to perform as well on snow covered pavement as FT-AWD. Your new CRV should do better in snow than your old truck with part-time 4WD.

CD

Back
Top Bottom