What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We're thinking of going for a drive to look at Christmas light displays. Might head down towards Amish country.

Meanwhile, I did snap a couple of photos when we drove past Nela Park last night.
IMG_20181222_202325890.jpgIMG_20181222_202123311.jpg

I was wondering who would catch that first, bucky! [emoji38] A website I found listing the best Christmas light displays in Northeast OH by county included Holmes, which has a high concentration of Amish. I said to Himself "how fancy can they get with candles and kerosene lanterns?"

We ended up staying home.

We know how much you love your family, cd. ;) Merry Christmas anyway.

We won't be eating until about 7:00PM, so I've been waiting to turn the oven off. I'm making a sirloin tip roast using the high-low method to roast it. I hope the restless natives heed the warning...
MVIMG_20181225_155649993.jpg

Buttercup had an exhausting day playing with Uncle Jethro and wrapping Grandma and Grandpa around her paw. Hazel, Hermione and Latté had a relaxing day with no puppy shenanigans. I had a great day with my parents, cooking, eating and watching all the Die Hard movies. Mom and Dad got me the George RR Martin book, Fire and Blood and a top that says "Coffee, Nap, Sparkle, Repeat."

We know how much you love your family, cd. ;) Merry Christmas anyway.

We won't be eating until about 7:00PM, so I've been waiting to turn the oven off. I'm making a sirloin tip roast using the high-low method to roast it. I hope the restless natives heed the warning...
View attachment 32731

Not a love/hate thing. Just a test of patience. Mom and dad are in their mid 80s, and still think of me in my mid 20s.

Riding in the car with my dad was an adventure, and I'm going to have to have an unpleasent conversation with him before too long about that.

My mom is... my mom. It is like a "reduction" in cooking terms. The older she gets, the more intense the "flavor."

All part of life's rich pageant. :LOL:

CD

...My mom is... my mom. It is like a "reduction" in cooking terms. The older she gets, the more intense the "flavor."...
That is golden! Love it, cd.

You call it life's pageant. I think of life more like a quilt. A crazy quilt. And I know as I get older, I will be fraying the nerves of my offspring. :LOL: Payback for their early years, I believe. BwaHaHa!

DH and I collected wine corks for many years. I've made bulletin boards, cork Christmas trees, trivets, wreathes, whatever you can make with wine corks. I still have bags and bags of corks. Thinking I could make a big dent in my cork collection, I figured I'd cover a chairside table with corks. It turned out pretty cool. Now, I still have bags and bags of corks minus the three fourths of a gallon ziplock of corks it took to cover the table. And I'm wearing bunches of hot glue.

I'm catching up here and on Facebook after spending about five days with the in-laws. It was enjoyable and relaxing, except interaction with my brother-in-law.

DH and I collected wine corks for many years. I've made bulletin boards, cork Christmas trees, trivets, wreathes, whatever you can make with wine corks. I still have bags and bags of corks. Thinking I could make a big dent in my cork collection, I figured I'd cover a chairside table with corks. It turned out pretty cool. Now, I still have bags and bags of corks minus the three fourths of a gallon ziplock of corks it took to cover the table. And I'm wearing bunches of hot glue.

Sounds fun, Dawg! I've seen some pretty impressive crafts done from wine corks - I should have started saving them from back in the day, I'd have a bunch. :ermm::LOL: Hoping to see a pic of your table if you care to share...

I wish most wine bottles nowadays still have real cork instead of the plastic ones. LOL

Last edited:
Not a love/hate thing. Just a test of patience. Mom and dad are in their mid 80s, and still think of me in my mid 20s.

Riding in the car with my dad was an adventure, and I'm going to have to have an unpleasent conversation with him before too long about that.

My mom is... my mom. It is like a "reduction" in cooking terms. The older she gets, the more intense the "flavor."

All part of life's rich pageant. :LOL:

CD

It sure is, isn't it? :LOL: What I wouldn't give though, for just one more Christmas dinner with my mom and dad. :wub:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom