What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Getting ready to hit the road for OH tomorrow. I've got all my clothes, etc, packed. I have the stuff we need to cram in the car lined up. All that is left is packing CDs for listening (Christmas and regular ones), running the dishwasher, and personal grooming. Oh, and prying Himself from his comfy chair and getting HIM to get himself packed. (I just know I'll end up having to fold all of his tops - he's sooooo slooooow compared to this ex-gift wrap person. I got skillz. :cool:)

And so gentlemen, now you know why women run this world and you don't even know it. ;) Sorry ladies. I let the cat out of the bag.

...Oh, and prying Himself from his comfy chair and getting HIM to get himself packed. (I just know I'll end up having to fold all of his tops - he's sooooo slooooow compared to this ex-gift wrap person. I got skillz. :cool:)

When we used to go to Aruba for two weeks every year, SO started packing around Christmas for an end of January departure. I packed the day before. We both made out fine. The difference was that she had a whole month to agonize over what to pack and when the problem became insurmountable, she gave me some of her stuff to pack.

Have fun, and be safe, CG.

So, what snacks are in the car for the trip? We always have pretzel rods for any road trip. Then there's usually cheese, beef jerky, iced tea, and seltzer. But awlys pretzels.

Have fun, and be safe, CG.

So, what snacks are in the car for the trip? We always have pretzel rods for any road trip. Then there's usually cheese, beef jerky, iced tea, and seltzer. But awlys pretzels.

Thanks, everyone, for the well-wishes.

bt, we have Snyder pretzel bites. Do those count? Also, smokehouse almonds, cashews, peanuts, trail mix, carrots, celery, grapes, radishes, raw mushrooms...and hummus. Can you tell what needed cleaning out? [emoji38] I also packed 4 sandwiches for the 2 day drive. All that is left is the roast beef one...

What am I doing right now? Recovering from a microwaved peeled hard boiled egg explosion. I wanted to warm up a peeled hard boiled egg. 20 seconds zapping should do it. Sprinkled it with salt and pepper, then bit into it. It exploded. Me now knows that 20 seconds is too long to microwave up a hard boiled egg from the fridge. :LOL:

Last edited:
What am I doing right now? Recovering from a microwaved peeled hard boiled egg explosion. I wanted to warm up a peeled hard boiled egg. 20 seconds zapping should do it. Sprinkled it with salt and pepper, then bit into it. It exploded. Me now knows that 20 seconds is too long to microwave up a hard boiled egg from the fridge. :LOL:
Perhaps putting it in a bowl with some warm water would have been the better way to go?

Hope you’re okay!

Perhaps putting it in a bowl with some warm water would have been the better way to go?

Hope you’re okay!

I survived, and don't need medical treatment. Lesson learned. It exploded upon the first bite. Wasn't expecting that.

Along these same lines...I put ice cubes into a glass. I pour on a liquid. Some of my ice cubes explode. Why is that?

Short glass. The ice cubes explode sometimes.

Last edited:
There's still some moisture in the egg. When you heat it, there is steam created that expands. When you bit into it it must have been right on the verge of exploding and that made it go. If you had nuked it for another 5 seconds it would have exploded in the microwave and you'd have a heck of a time cleaning the inside.

Ive seen ice cubes crack when you pour liquids over them. Thats from the quick temperature change.

Cas, if your ice cubes explode, I would get your water supply checked.

Next time try sodium cubes, and pour a little water on them.

Phew! Glad to read that you are okay.

Sitting here printing out the recipes for the two cakes and apple pie. Pirate is going to do all the prep and baking, while I supervise. Later tonight I am going to show him how to frost the two three layer cakes and then I will do the decorating while he watches.

Other than that, I am driving Pirate crazy because I have a Christmas music show on the TV with a choral group from Canada. They are singing some very old classical songs. Some in French, some in the language of origin.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom