What's your favorite candy?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
See's still have their Easter eggs - and yes, you can easily decay all of your teeth from them. :)
The stores are still exactly as they've always been, and they are so generous with samples! I've gone in to buy 1 piece of candy (quick sugar rush while shopping in a mall) and they've given samples to not only me, but my kids as well. Best thing is, when they have a sample for the day that I don't care for, they say, "well, which sample would you like today?"
(That's when the angels sing!...~aaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh~)

I also like their ginger candy :mrgreen:

I rarely eat candy but love Hersheys Kisses with Almonds. My all time favorite was the Oh Henry :!: However I have not seen any any a long time.

Are you kidding Bang? No Oh Henry? That sounds like a sad state of affairs! OK everyone, Bang needs some Oh Henrys STAT!! Send em on down!

Nielsens Burnt Almond Dark Chocolate Bar. While Nielsens is sold here in USA, this particular bar was not, only Canada. THe parents of a friend of mine (parents deceased now) used to send them to me, but not for 15 years and they still are not avilable in the USA. Nothing else compares. The USA chocolate has too much waxy stuff in it. Would love to find something similar. I now get a gooey dark semi-sweet carmely and nutty thing from Starbucks. Decatant.

green.gif
:roll: DUCKS SMASHED IDAHO 48-10 YEAH

Norgeskog's post reminded me of the candy I like the best, and I don't like candy all that much:

the candy the grade school/high school band kids sell during their fundraisers. Basically chocolate bars, and sometimes just bigger versions of the standard fare - but for some reason they taste better when you get 'em from a band kid.

Husband says "Three Musketeers". I love Godiva truffles, any European chocolate (grew up partially in Germany and the chocolate is better there), and peanut brittle.

mudbug said:
Norgeskog's post reminded me of the candy I like the best, and I don't like candy all that much:

the candy the grade school/high school band kids sell during their fundraisers. Basically chocolate bars, and sometimes just bigger versions of the standard fare - but for some reason they taste better when you get 'em from a band kid.

Wasn't that made by See's. I remember buying it a few times to help the neighbor kids.

Hmm...where do I start? Snickers, Watchamacallit, Carmello, Dum Dum's, Cow Tails, Peanut Butter M&M's, Gummy Bears & Worms(slightly stale), & I could go on all day!!! :LOL:

norgeskog said:
mudbug said:

Wasn't that made by See's. I remember buying it a few times to help the neighbor kids.
I'm pretty sure our fund-raiser candy bars (in CA) were made by See's. The ones sold here are made by America's Finest Chocolate (I think part of Reader's Digest). Not as good as See's, but still good.

:) Barbara

crewsk said:
Yep, they are a rope of carimel wrapped a round a creamy white stuff.

i used to LOVE those when i was little!
do they still make the small penny-candy sort that they wrap in cellophane?

I feel so guilty! Every time I'm at the grocery store I see many See's Fundraiser Bars, as they sell them at the register for Breast Cancer Research. I just pass 'em by - - maybe I should have one for y'all :)

Tie between marzipan and halvah. I make my own marzipan. Joyva band halvah seems best to me. I never tried making halvah. It looks too difficult.

Back
Top Bottom