Dinner 4-14-2020 ~ It's Tuesday (in case you need to keep track)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cooking Goddess

Chef Extraordinaire
Two-thirds of dinner is ready - we'll have leftover ham and mac-and-cheese from Easter. I'll saute up some zucchini discs for our veggie. Maybe a fruit salad for dessert.

What's going down at your place tonight?

We both decided that we were incapable of making even a simple supper. executive dysfunction?)

We ordered from the local Greek pizza place, Luna. DH got a two gyro pita platter and I got a two stick pork souvlaki platter. It was good.

The only way I keep track of what the date is on any particular day is because of all the seeds I plant, and the dates the plants will eventually go outside. I knew it wasn't that close to when the tomatoes are going out, unless I fell asleep for 6 days!:ROFLMAO:

As for what I'm eating on 4-14, leftovers, because much of my day was spent in the garden! :LOL: And, unfortunately, mowing the lawn, for the first time - not a favorite outdoore chore of mine, since it doesn't produce food.

Pushing things a bit? It's the 14th.

Poached eggs in chile/red bell/tomato broth, basically a Mexican eggs in purgatory or shakshuka. Served with flour tortillas on side. Definitely a make again.

Attachments

• 2020-04-14 18.08.24.jpg
    2020-04-14 18.08.24.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:
We're having my home-made 'soft & gentle' meatballs and zesty marinara sauce with penne and grated romano.
No dessert - we're both eating too much while being voluntary "stay-at-homes".
Aren't you ?

Just a plain ol cheese pizza.

24 hour ferment, 500F on a baking steel.

With the first batch of dough the yeast had expired but I did not proof it. So 24 hours lost on a bad batch of dough.

pizza-scaled.jpg

pizza-2-scaled.jpg

Yeah the date confused me too!

I was busy all day and ran out of energy to fix the casserole I had planned. I did get a fresh loaf of bread made and a bowl of coleslaw. So I made a tuna salad to go with. Oh, I also made cookies today (peanut butter with chocolate chips)

Nice looking pizza ppo.

Last edited:
Yes, it is the 14th. How do I know? DH has been spoiling me like crazy today because it is my birthday. Had a delicious breakfast and lunch but will jump right to dinner. DH
grilled me some very delicious marinated in key lime juice and Old Bay shrimp, along with grilled sweet potatoes and grilled yellow squash. He also made me my favorite cake for dessert, Pineapple Upside-Down Cake. Needless to say, I had a really GREAT DAY!!!!!!

Today on the 14th, :LOL: (love you, CG), I had a taco salad. Hit the spot.

Happy Birthday, Cookieee! I hope you had a wonderful day.

Last edited:
Pushing things a bit? It's the 14th...
How the heck did I mess it up that much? :LOL: Well, at least I got the day of the week right, right? :ermm:

Could a mod please correct my mistake? And thank you.

medtran, I've had shakshuka on my "for supper" list for a while now. I really need to make it after seeing your photo.

How the heck did I mess it up that much? :LOL: Well, at least I got the day of the week right, right? :ermm:

Could a mod please correct my mistake? And thank you.

medtran, I've had shakshuka on my "for supper" list for a while now. I really need to make it after seeing your photo.

You will catch the attention of a mod faster if you use the report button.

We really like the My Moroccan Kitchen Shakshuka recipe. Craig lurvs it when I make the little meatballs.

The Mexican version is lighter, with a tomato broth instead of sauce. I told Craig last night if he wanted something hardier we could shred some cooked chicken or pork into it, but we both really liked it as is. It came from the Mesa Mexicana cookbook from The Two Hot Tamales of the Food Network.

Happy belated birthday Cookieee!

Oh, our dessert last night was the cheesecake I made the day before.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom