Dinner, Friday, 4/3/2020

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

medtran49

Master Chef
Last of the pulled pork from the freezer, creamed corn, and I made up some fairly quick baked beans with part of a bag of dried cannellini beans using the pressure cooker. They came out pretty good even though it was a guess on quantities and eyeball measuring.

Hot Roast Beef & Peppers in Gravy over a Burger Bun, Mashed Taters, Green Beans & Bacon......SoS

Roast Beef & Peppers.jpg

We both ran out of spoons. The stress of the pandemic and the difficulties with grocery delivery is probably eating up spoons. So, we ordered out for Chinese food. At least our local Chinese resto is still delivering. The food seemed particularly good tonight and arrived very quickly, before the rice I cooked to go with it was done. Some of our local delivery restos are no longer open. :( I hope the good ones survive the pandemic.

Hot Roast Beef & Peppers in Gravy over a Burger Bun, Mashed Taters, Green Beans & Bacon......SoS

View attachment 40142

haven't had a good roast beef like that in a long time. looks so good :)

i'm in mid process of a chili tonight. not in a rush as i am taste testing along the way smile...

Attachments

• IMG_7520.jpg
    IMG_7520.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_7524.jpg
    IMG_7524.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 79
I made old school cafeteria style tuna noodle casserole. It tasted just like old school too. The oven warmed the kitchen nicely.

Tuna, thin egg noodles, Canned peas, cream of celery soup that's been taking up shelf space waay too long, grated cheddar and non- sacrificial crushed potato chips on top. A spritz of Worcestershire and soy sauce in the sauce.

Actually, I kind of liked it. Emergency girl scout cookies for later.

Super simple here tonight. Mrs. Pauls beer batter fish filets, onion rings, salad and fruit cup.

I decided today was the day I was going to scrub the clear coat off my never-used wok and begin it's seasoning. After a few hours of boiling water, scrubbing the surface, and spinning oil, garlic, scallions, and ginger all around the interior of the wok, I was done. No, wait, I still had to cook supper. [emoji38]
We enjoyed shrimp with lots of veggies. I expect we'll be having Chinese at least once a week for a while.

IMG_20200403_211224821.jpg

We had pizza with ground beef, onions, & extra cheddar cheese and a brownie from Dominoes. I also ordered plain chicken wings. There was enough for us to have supper also.

Back
Top Bottom