Dinner Friday, March 12, 2021

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cooking Goddess

Chef Extraordinaire
I had just enough energy to make shrimp in scampi sauce for supper. After yesterday's cabbage roll marathon, I'm still pooped. With apologies to The Byrds, "...ah but I was so much younger then, I'm older than that now... "

What was your supper?

IMG_20210312_210039141.jpg

15 minute spicy dragon noodles with shrimp. Amazing flavor for a 15 minute meal.

Attachments

• 2021-03-12 18.11.33.jpg
    2021-03-12 18.11.33.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 63
I made a chicken and Italian sausage tray bake. The vegis were: black radish, carrots, celeriac, potato, fartichokes, rutabugger, red onion, and whole, skin on garlic cloves. Everything dressed with my homemade "Italian dressing". That was a very satisfying meal. Only one drumstick and a few vegis left.

Attachments

• PXL_20210313_010207061 small.jpg
    PXL_20210313_010207061 small.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 68
I made some shrimp in chipotle sauce - the recipe I used for years, from Diana Kennedy's The Art Of Mexican Cooking, before the one I usually use, from Rick Bayless. I still make this sometimes - it is more saucy, with a little lime juice and white wine added, and made with grilled tomatoes, from the garden. The original recipe called for only canned chipotles, and my only change to it was replacing one with a dried chipotle or 2 moritas. The shrimp is cooked briefly after cooking the onions until soft, removed, and the sauce is added and cooked down. After the sauce was finished, the tortillas were heated over an open flame, and put in the container, then the shrimp and onions were added too the sauce, to reheat briefly, before serving.
Chipotle sauce, cooked down, before adding the shrimp and onions back into it. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Shrimp added to the chipotle sauce, to reheat briefly, before serving it warm corn tortillas. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

I had a non-Mexican salad earlier, before thawing the shrimp, and starting the rest of it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom