Dinner Monday, 6-22-2015 ~ Who knew...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Great looking dinners, CG and Kay. Taxy, for some reason I can't see your pics - I'm just seeing a couple of x's. :ermm:

CG, I've been craving ham and bean soup. :yum: I'm going to make that in the next couple of days - don't care if it's 100F outside or not, I love it!

Tri-colored rice? Please 'splain.

It's this GG. I can't begin to tell you how delicious it is. It takes 1 cup per three cups of liquid and takes about 35 min. at a low covered simmer to cook. Tonight I sauted some mushrooms in butter, added 1/2 pack of Lipton onion soup mix and three cups of water to one cup of the mix.
After doing it many times, 2 1/2 cups of liquid just isn't enough for my taste, as stated on the package.

img_1426731_0_8aa7a5768f0ae6e24a202b1750f6ddef.jpg

There they are! Looks great! :yum:

Kay, I will add your rice to our list on our yearly foray to TJ's.

We went to a classical music concert tonight, so we went to a steakhouse and pigged out on ribeyes, baked potatoes, and salad. Yum!

taxy, those look like cute mini meat bombs!

...CG, I've been craving ham and bean soup...
But I didn't make ham and bean soup. :huh: This was my northern riff on southern greens. And it was SO good we have just a wee bit left. :pig: It's just as good as ham & bean soup, but isn't as warming. And who needs "warming" when it's 100+ outside!

Karen made dirty rice and collards. She used what was left of the chicken livers from the container we bought for the pate' she started on Sunday. It had to marinate over night. We were busy Sunday with the LEM getting a work out grinding 18# of beef round (added beef fat to it), 16# of pork butt (boneless and trimmed) and 2# of veal. I saved some beef and pork for the stew pot. The ground meats were divided into 1# quantities and vacuum sealed along with the stew meats. Everything went into the deep freezer. Now we are stocked up!;)

Somehow we ended up with a bonus as there was a lamb chop steak in with the other meat when we put everything away. It was just over a pound and by the time I cut the bones out, we ended up with just under a pound of ground lamb. I ground that last evening along with the drained, marinated meats for the pate'. Karen also assembled and baked the pate'. After it cooled it went into the fridge with a weight on top.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom