Dinner Tuesday, 4-7-2020 ~ tacos or not?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cooking Goddess

Chef Extraordinaire
No tacos here, unless I put our scrambled eggs into shells. :LOL: I've been craving breakfast-for-supper. Hunted and gathered food today, and came home with a couple dozen eggs. Score! We'll have mushroom and cheese omelets, breakfast sausage links, and Thomas' cranberry English muffins that have been spirited away in the freezer for the last couple of months. Had to sacrifice them today to make room for the frozen veggies and ice cream.

What are you slinging for supper?

Eggplant Parmesan, Rotini, Steamed Green Beans, SoS... Balsamic Vinaigrette.......

Eggplant Paresan .jpg

Last edited:
Quick chicken parmesan made with chicken patties, and roasted garlic asparagus. I kind of oven-roasted the asparagus..oops it it was still good.

Oh and celebrating National Beer Day. IMG_20200407_184611_886.jpg

Onion and tomato focaccia with cannellinI bean pesto with prosciutto cotto, courtesy of Lidia Bastianich.

Attachments

• 2020-04-07 19.21.56.jpg
    2020-04-07 19.21.56.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 86
Trying to help out small business in my area when possible. We ordered pizza tonight. I had a half slice of mushroom and olive.

I just cooked 15 pot stickers - something I rarely make just for myself, since for more people, I can make more dip sauces! But I just happened to see them in the freezer, when getting something else out, and I decided to have some. Tough decision on the dip sauce, but I decided on the old favorite, with a bunch of minced garlic and ginger, plus soy sauce, black vinegar, and sugar.

I'll probably have a simple salad, to add some vegetables to my menu.

I'm having a migraine, so I wasn't up for cooking. DH had a bad headache and wasn't feeling great, so we ordered out. He got pizza and I got a "steak steak" sub. It was pretty good. DH always enjoys the pizza from this local place, Luna Pizzeria. I'm getting tired of the rigmarole we go through to make sure we don't contaminate anything with the packaging on delivery food.

I REALLY wanted Tacos tonight, but ...

I did go provision foraging today and came back successful!
I FOUND RICE!!!!!!

But I'm pooped, so I'm going simple:
Pan-fried Hot Dogs, Kettle Chips (bagged)
and the beverage of the diners choice...
Beer for Moi and Coca-Cola for DH
:LOL:

I made a small batch of cheese enchiladas (5) this morning, and heated up a can of refried beans for a side...mixed some chopped ortega green chiles in the beans. Hit the spot. That will do me for the next couple of days. I've still got a freezer full, but trying to be creative with it.

Back
Top Bottom