Dinner, Tuesday March 11th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My dinner was a happy accident. My hubby is out of town so I'm fixing things he won't usually eat. Tonight, I decided to have something with asparagus since it was on sale. I cooked campanelle pasta. In a sauce pan, I sauted mushrooms and asparagus spears in some good butter ( Isigny Ste Mere - totally worth the splurge). Then when the veggies were about done, I threw in a big handful of chopped garlic and turned the heat off. I drained the campanelle, salted it well and added another pat of the Isigny Ste Mere to the pasta. Then I tossed in the veggies and big handful of parm cheese.
It was so good. I decided to make this again when my hubby is here, I bet he'll like it. It was very garlicky and buttery - hit the spot!

Babetoo - please tell me you made those oatmeal butterscotch cookies - that sounds awesome!

I'm grilling (in the grill pan) some pork chops and we'll have leftover (Bobby Flay's Mesa Grill) Southwestern Potato Salad with a green salad and some bottom-of-the-bottle mixed-up BBQ sauce spiked with red wine vinegar and habanero hot sauce.

Toots, your meal sounds yummy, as does yours, DaveSoMD!!

I just took these out of the oven: http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/showpost.php?p=262689&postcount=2

and for dinner, I'm stuffing jumbo sized pasta shells with ricotta, mozz, garlic, parm, spinach, etc & baking them with a good marinara over the top. I'm also roasting a head of garlic so we can spread it over some delicious italian filone bread. Oh, and mixed greens with lots of veggies.

and wine, of course!

chicken livers , fried okra. don't really need anything else.

oatmeal butterscotch chips cookies or maybe banana bread.

babe:chef:;):):rolleyes::cool:

Don't you hate the way chicken livers pop? Mine are ready to turn after they pop 3 times - and my cooking surface is a disaster after!!!!! Got any tips or is that what happens to you to?

Back
Top Bottom