Friday, 7/10/20, what's on your plate?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

medtran49

Master Chef
Crawfish etouffe balls with Chipotle ranch and remoulade sauces. We decided we liked the remoulade sauce with them the best.

Attachments

• 2020-07-10 17.56.58.jpg
    2020-07-10 17.56.58.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 79
Pork scnitzle with Spatzle and steamed brocoli. Sbitzle will be seasone, breade, and baked. Will also make a butter sauce to go sprat,le, the brockoli, and snitzlseeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Not for dinner, but lunch - I made my first guacamole of the year, using fresh tomatoes and chiles from the garden! I went into the kitchen, and the rain gauge meter was at 1.80, and when I finished making the guac, maybe 20 minutes later, it was up to 2.40 - it's coming down that fast!

That guac is delicious, as always, and I put one of those pointed peppers I picked, that definitely isn't a jalapeño. No jalapeño flavor or aroma; maybe an immature fresno, but the guac had no heat whatsoever, using the whole pepper. I'll leave the rest of those on the plants to ripen, and see if that's what it is. I've always used fresnos ripe, so I don't know if it's one of those stays mild until the very end.

We baked a quiche lorraine and salad with dijon vinaigrette. Not sure where the store is getting tomatoes right now, none are ripe locally. Today's order is actually pretty flavorful. SO made the pie crust which I think is the hardest part of the meal to put together.

Baked Chicken w/ Burned Basil, String Beans, and Butternut Squash

Coming off a big calorie deficit with more protein than I've ever eaten.

Ending a diet may turn out to be a bigger adjustment than starting one.
IMG_20200710_163144703.jpg

Dinner 2020-07-10 194532.jpg

We baked a quiche lorraine and salad with dijon vinaigrette. Not sure where the store is getting tomatoes right now, none are ripe locally. Today's order is actually pretty flavorful. SO made the pie crust which I think is the hardest part of the meal to put together.

I just love a a classic Quiche Lorraine Whiska...I wish I could share some of our fantastic home grown tomatoes with you.

I did my classic chicken salad from scratch tonight rather than the shortcut way leftover chicken. It just doesn't get better than this, if I do say so myself. This is the slightly revised addition I posted here several years ago.

My Company Chicken Salad ..(revised)

3 large chicken breast halves with skin on, bone in.
Lawry's Seasoned Salt
1 cup bias cut celery
4 bias cut green onions (some green)
1 cup frozen peas, rinsed in warm water to defrost
2 cups seedless red grapes, cut in half
1 cup of sliced or slivered almonds, pecans or sunflower seeds work too.
Dressing~~
3/4 cup Best Foods Mayo (Hellman's)
1/2 cup sour cream
1 Tbs. Chicken bullion granules or mashed BBB chicken paste.
1/2 tsp. fresh ground black pepper (6 or 7 grinds)
1/2 tsp. Accent
1 Tbs. of Singapore Seasoning, or to taste. It's wonderful.
Juice of 1 lime (if you have it)

The most important part of this recipe is the preparation of the chicken.
Sprinkle the breasts liberally with Lawry's Seasoned salt, and convection roast on a broiler pan at 425 degrees till tested at 145 degrees. Allow them to cool. Finger shred (important) the chicken meat, along with the crispy skin and discard the bones or save for stock. Combine with the rest of the ingredients and toss with the dressing. This is even better done ahead and served the next day.

I just love a a classic Quiche Lorraine Whiska...I wish I could share some of our home grown tomatoes with you.

I did my classic chicken salad from scratch tonight rather than the shortcut way with leftover chicken. It just doesn't get better than this, if I do say so myself. This is the slightly revised addition I posted here several years ago.

Lawry's Seasoned Salt
1 cup bias cut celery
Dressing~~
1/2 cup sour cream
1 Tbs. Chicken bullion granules or mashed BBB chicken base.
1/2 tsp. Accent
1 Tbs. of Singapore Seasoning, (or more) to taste. It's wonderful. From (My Spice Sage) look to see the ingredients.

Sprinkle the breasts liberally with Lawry's Seasoned salt, and convection roast on a broiler pan at 425 degrees till a breast is tested at 145 degrees with a remote or instant thermometer Allow them to cool. Finger shred (important) the chicken meat, along with the crispy skin and discard the bones or save for stock. Combine with the rest of the ingredients and toss with the dressing and chill well. Serve on plates surrounded by small hearts of Romaine spears. They are great for scooping the salad.

This is even better done ahead and served the next day after everyone gets to know each other.

Attachments

• P7100019.jpg
    P7100019.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
I just love a a classic Quiche Lorraine Whiska...I wish I could share some of our fantastic home grown tomatoes with you.

I did my classic chicken salad from scratch tonight rather than the shortcut way leftover chicken. It just doesn't get better than this, if I do say so myself. This is the slightly revised addition I posted here several years ago.

Lawry's Seasoned Salt
1 cup bias cut celery
Dressing~~
1/2 cup sour cream
1 Tbs. Chicken bullion granules or mashed BBB chicken paste.
1/2 tsp. Accent
1 Tbs. of Singapore Seasoning, or to taste. It's wonderful.

Sprinkle the breasts liberally with Lawry's Seasoned salt, and convection roast on a broiler pan at 425 degrees till tested at 145 degrees. Allow them to cool. Finger shred (important) the chicken meat, along with the crispy skin and discard the bones or save for stock. Combine with the rest of the ingredients and toss with the dressing. This is even better done ahead and served the next day.

Oh my gosh, I meant to tell you that I made your chicken salad and it was AMAZING. Thanks so much for the recipe. I will definitely make it again soon. I not only had it on my favorite bread (Brownberry Oatnut) as a sandwich, but it was fabulous on a bed of lettuce as well.

The absolute best chicken salad I've ever eaten in my life.

Oh my gosh, I meant to tell you that I made your chicken salad and it was AMAZING. Thanks so much for the recipe. I will definitely make it again soon. I not only had it on my favorite bread (Brownberry Oatnut) as a sandwich, but it was fabulous on a bed of lettuce as well.

The absolute best chicken salad I've ever eaten in my life.

Oh my gosh, you just made my day Linda! Thank you. I'm so glad you enjoyed it!

Oh my gosh, you just made my day Linda! Thank you. I'm so glad you enjoyed it!

Thank YOU for the amazing recipe. I already love chicken salad with grapes, but the peas and the almonds helped to make it even more special.

Wonderful stuff.

PS - I used honey roasted sliced almonds.

Thank YOU for the amazing recipe. I already love chicken salad with grapes, but the peas and the almonds helped to make it even more special.

Wonderful stuff.

PS - I used honey roasted sliced almonds.

Oh boy, I love the honey roasted sliced almonds from Trader Joe's.....terrific on top of Asian dishes also, that is if I can keep from snacking on them.:yum:

Back
Top Bottom