Friday, July 17, 2020, dinner?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

medtran49

Master Chef
Pasta salad with mozzarella pearls, fresh basil, grilled vegetables (red bell, eggplant, summer squash, zucchini, red onion) dressed with garlic EVOO and balsamic.

Attachments

• 2020-07-17 18.31.08.jpg
    2020-07-17 18.31.08.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 84
It's been cool here for a couple of days so SO suggested we have some Hungarian goulash soup with some dinner rolls from the freezer. She went and dug it out of the freezer. As dinnertime approached, I dumped the partially frozen block into a saucier, covered it and turned on the burner.

After a few minutes, I lifted the lid to give the pot a stir. I promptly closed the lid, took the rolls out of the oven, and put on a pot of water on to boil. It seems she retrieved a container of meatballs and sausages in sauce instead of the soup. Tossed with some grated parm reg, it was delicious.

We had BLT salads with homemade blue cheese dressing, added a few slices cukes, sliced spanish olives, parsley, and avocado.

We had hot ham and cheese (Jarlsberg) sandwiches on toasted Kaiser rolls and potato salad from a recipe I had clipped from a Rachael Ray magazine. I had cooked the eggs for a different potato salad recipe but didn't have the fresh green beans I needed for that recipe. Added them anyway. Good move. The salad looked so pretty I had to take a separate pic.

IMG_20200717_203500346_HDR.jpgIMG_20200717_211059105_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
It's been cool here for a couple of days so SO suggested we have some Hungarian goulash soup with some dinner rolls from the freezer. She went and dug it out of the freezer. As dinnertime approached, I dumped the partially frozen block into a saucier, covered it and turned on the burner.

After a few minutes, I lifted the lid to give the pot a stir. I promptly closed the lid, took the rolls out of the oven, and put on a pot of water on to boil. It seems she retrieved a container of meatballs and sausages in sauce instead of the soup. Tossed with some grated parm reg, it was delicious.

Sounds like a happy accident. :chef:

We had chicken piccata, following CG's instructions. It was good. I'm getting better at tweaking this recipe to our taste.

I served it over whole grain penne and served a leafy salad with homemade blue cheese dressing as the veg component of the meal. That dressing turned out soooo good, if I do say so myself.

I tried posting pix, but the site is telling me something about an invalid token. It let me send a message if this was unexpected. I sent it and now it's telling me "invalid link". Oh well. Let's see if this will even post.

We had chicken piccata, following CG's instructions. It was good. I'm getting better at tweaking this recipe to our taste.

I served it over whole grain penne and served a leafy salad with homemade blue cheese dressing as the veg component of the meal. That dressing turned out soooo good, if I do say so myself.

I tried posting pix, but the site is telling me something about an invalid token. It let me send a message if this was unexpected. I sent it and now it's telling me "invalid link". Oh well. Let's see if this will even post.

Let's see if I can add a photo this way:

IMG_20200717_202844 by Linda, on Flickr

IMG_20200717_202920 smaller by Linda, on Flickr

Back
Top Bottom