What's for dinner Saturday, April 20, 2024?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

medtran49

Master Chef
Roasted tomato vege soup with grilled ham and Swiss sandwiches. Soup had oven roasted tomatoes obviously, plus some onion, some fennel, some garlic, some roasted and peeled red bell, and some chopped up carrots that boiled with the roasted vegetables, some fresh thyme, bay leaves, with some chicken broth. Took out the aromatics, used the immersion blender, and then it sat in the refrigerator for a couple of days because i didn't realize craig had eaten all the ham. Reheated the soup and added just a touch of cream right before serving.
20240420_183725.jpg

I had an egg, tomato (no seeds), and lettuce sandwich on whole wheat toast. I had it with some of hot giardiniera. I quite enjoyed that. Then, I started craving something. A Danish pastry made by a Danish pastry chef would have satisfied that craving. A galaktoboureko (γαλακτομπούρεκο in Greek. I had to look up the spelling and found this, so I would share it with you.) would probably have satisfied it. But then, I read the words "English muffin" in another dinner thread here. A toasted, whole wheat English muffin worked great to satisfy my mystery craving.

Egg, lettuce, and tomato on whole grain wheat toast and some hot giardiniera.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom