Friday Oct 25, Dinner plans?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I roasted a chicken, late last evening (had nachos and cheese for a quick snack supper, cuz of a large fish lunch.

This morning, I cut up the chicken, rescued the gravy from roast pan, added some curry spices, and suddenly felt a need to add chopped apples. Bringing this to the Buddhist nuns' hermitage today for their main meal. We get to partake; they have a visiting cook who will prepare all the veggies. Lucky us!

The Bubble and Squeak was good, but it lacked for beauty. Being of Polish heritage I went a little too heavy on the cabbage. Hmm, patties? I think not! I just did the alternate cooking method, patting it down into the pan and browning nicely, flipping and browning, and flipping onto our plates. Twice. But nothing that looked like a patty...and nothing left for the freezer. Sorry pac :( And Harry, on those photos? Saturday, scout's honor - I hope!.....
Saturday photo? Hmm, that ship sailed without my picture on board. Apparently my learning curve is a lot curvier than other peoples'....

However, thought I would post the Bubble & Squeak photo here anyway. Harry and Katy, does it resemble anything you remember? Or is it a truly Polish version? :ermm:

Attachments

• 2013-10-25 22.33.04.jpg
    2013-10-25 22.33.04.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 205
Saturday photo? Hmm, that ship sailed without my picture on board. Apparently my learning curve is a lot curvier than other peoples'....

However, thought I would post the Bubble & Squeak photo here anyway. Harry and Katy, does it resemble anything you remember? Or is it a truly Polish version? :ermm:
it resembles a delicious looking meal to me cg,nice job matey:yum:!! bubble & squeak is yet another of those dishes that has a dozen & one variations.some contain just veggies,others meat as well.some are like your's..a type of hash,others are formed into patties & fried."yer pays yer money & takes yer chance!!".apparently the name comes from the bubbling & squeaking noises that the food makes in the pan.my fav is leftover cooked sprouts,onions,potatoes & smoked bacon.i like to crush the spuds rather than mash them so they add texture.put the mixture in my burger press then griddle to re heat & get nice,tasty bar marks on the patties...yum!
Bubble and squeak - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
so there ya go cg,enjoy!!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom