Friday's dinner plans, 6-29

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Being as though it's been hot, I had a late afternoon dinner of fruit and a salad.

Had a mini Butterfinger candy bar afterwards. lol. :angel: :)

img_1154968_0_52a9a50f43c4a69637443a29f2568230.jpg

Cheryl J said:
Being as though it's been hot, I had a late afternoon dinner of fruit and a salad.

Had a mini Butterfinger candy bar afterwards. lol. :angel: :)

Beautiful, Cheryl! Looks so refreshing and yummy!

I did ribs. Beef and pork. We had baked potatoes to go with and a green salad with a fruit plate.

Really strange, we had never heard of Bipimbap until a few months ago, when we picked it up at the restaurant.
Your Korean dish looks great. I really know very little about Korean food. We have a restaurant not too far away that we've eaten at a couple times now. The food is excellent, but I just order things off the menu based on the photo. I have no idea what I'm eating. I just know I like it. :yum:

Would love a report, Steve. That's one we wanted to get to last week when we were in the Cities, but didn't make it.
Well, I have mixed feelings about the meal at La Belle Vie. On the one hand, it was absolutely delicious and interesting. On the other hand, the portions were incredibly tiny for the price. The four of us had the 5-course tasting menu and an accompanying wine flight. The total bill was almost $500 and when I got home I was still so hungry I had to fix myself a sandwich. :LOL:

The food is pretty, though.

This was my ribeye steak main course. It was probably an ounce and a half total weight.
img_1154987_0_95a3606dc294843f0edff539e32b081a.jpg

This was dessert. Don't ask what it was, because I'm not completely certain.
img_1154987_1_6a16facbb6527fb36bae14a64af69988.jpg

Last edited:
Well, I have mixed feelings about the meal at La Belle Vie. On the one hand, it was absolutely delicious and interesting. On the other hand, the portions were incredibly tiny for the price. The four of us had the 5-course tasting menu and an accompanying wine flight. The total bill was almost $500 and when I got home I was still so hungry I had to fix myself a sandwich. :LOL:

This was my ribeye steak main course. It was probably an ounce and a half total weight.
img_1154989_0_95a3606dc294843f0edff539e32b081a.jpg

img_1154989_1_6a16facbb6527fb36bae14a64af69988.jpg

You have got to be kidding. A little late for April Fool's Day. I would have ended up in jail for refusing to pay that much for such a small amount of food.

Last edited:
Lovely meals everyone :)

Tonight we are having Porterhouse steaks with a creamy garlic sauce and homemade deep fried chips :yum: :yum:

After getting stuck in traffic, I didn't have time to make the dinner I had planned (although I did make some garlic-dill pickles and tzatziki - gotta use up the garden produce), so we had tzatziki and pita chips and then ordered the Crete from a local pizzeria, with lamb, feta, tomatoes and onions.

I love tzatziki sauce, we are going to attempt to make some ourselves
thumb.gif
It's very easy to make. This is the recipe we use:

3 cups Greek yogurt
1 minced garlic clove
1 large English cucumber, peeled and diced
1 tablespoon fresh dill
1 tablespoon olive oil
juice of one lemon
salt
pepper

Liberally sprinkle salt over the chopped cucumber and put it in a colander to drain overnight. Discard liquid (or use in Gazpacho). If you skip this step the tzatziki will be tza-soupy. ;)

Mix everything together in a food processor. Refrigerate for a few hours to allow flavors to blend.

Yummy stuff!

Steve Kroll said:

Eek! Now I'm somewhat relieved we didn't go. Glad it was tasty, but a 1.5 oz steak??? Almost $500???

Last edited:
lefse!!!! great to see you again!

we went out fluke fishing on the dorothy b. yesterday which was the make up for the postponed father's day trip. dw caught a shark, some spider crabs, and an undersized fluke; my boy caught a couple of keeper fluke; i caught 2 sea robins and an undersized fluke.

even though it was 99 degrees on land yesterday, it was really nice out on the ocean with a constant, cooling breeze.

after fishing, we went out for reasonably priced japanese hibachi. we shared salads, onion soups, and hibachi steak, chicken, scallops, and shrimp, finishing it off with mango ice cream and green tea mochi ice cream.

afterwards, we hit up the batting cages nearby to work off dinner.

it was a fun day.

Lovely meals guys :)

I love tzatziki sauce, we are going to attempt to make some ourselves
thumb.gif

I recently posted my recipe for tzatziki sauce. I find it easier to shred the cucumber in the food processor, rather than dice it; then I leave it in there while I mix the rest of the ingredients and it gives off its liquid.I don't think it's necessary to let it sit overnight, but ymmv.

I recently posted my recipe for tzatziki sauce. I find it easier to shred the cucumber in the food processor, rather than dice it; then I leave it in there while I mix the rest of the ingredients and it gives off its liquid.I don't think it's necessary to let it sit overnight, but ymmv.

Thanks GG, I will go and have a look at your recipe too :)

It's very easy to make. This is the recipe we use:

3 cups Greek yogurt
1 minced garlic clove
1 large English cucumber, peeled and diced
1 tablespoon fresh dill
1 tablespoon olive oil
juice of one lemon
salt
pepper

Liberally sprinkle salt over the chopped cucumber and put it in a colander to drain overnight. Discard liquid (or use in Gazpacho). If you skip this step the tzatziki will be tza-soupy. ;)

Mix everything together in a food processor. Refrigerate for a few hours to allow flavors to blend.

Yummy stuff!

Thank you very much Steve for this recipe, sounds delicious...will give this a go :)

that's a lovely cool plate so tempting on a hot steamy day! what are your salad ingredients? it looks yummy!:yum::)

Hi, vituata. Thank you and dawgluver for your comments. :)

It was easy peasy, I just added some goodies to a bunch of mixed greens - chopped up some tomatoes and cucumbers, feta cheese, threw in some croutons and some dry roasted sunflower seeds for some crunchies and mixed it all up with a couple of tablespoons of Trader Joe's Romano Cheese salad dressing. Oh so yum, especially with the fruit along side. :)

I seldom cook on Fridays. Yesterday was a great party, and I'm thinking of where to post it. We did a road trip that was great!

Back
Top Bottom