Saturday's Kitchen Effort - 9/18

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
Poor Man's Surf & Turf ...........
Burger with Mustard & Onion on a Potato Bun, Fish Stick & Fries with Cocktail Sauce,
Chopped Collards with Bacon Bits...........

Burger & Fish Sticks.jpg

Lunch was Chicken Jalapeno Cheddar burgers...

IMG_5567.jpg

IMG_5569.jpg

I made the burgers on the panini grill. I like the way the weight makes them cook up to imitate a non-ground type of meat. They were yummy!

Dinner will be Turkey Skillet Pie...hopefully I'll remember to take a picture and share it later!

Our Saturday staple - potato, onion, and kielbasa soup. Mom liked it so much today she decided to have it for supper as well as lunch.

1/3 lb. burgers, stuffed with American, and Tillamook Sharp cheddar, lightly seasoned with salt, liquid smoke, and Lee and Perrin's Worcestershire sauce, browned in very hot CI pan, then finished in 350' F. oven for 20 minutes. Served with sliced tomato, lettuce dill pickle, and condiments. Sesame buns were dipped in EVOO, toasted, and rubbed with fresh garlic. Rotini noodles were cooked al dente, drained, the had burger tray drippings added, along with butter and a pinch of salt. I made extra rich hot cocoa for the kids, with a marshmallow on top. The raw garlic rub on the buns was a little strong for the youngest, so I didn't make him eat the bun. 8 patties left. Plenty for my son and his wife when they get home.

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Green chile chicken enchiladas. When I was cleaning and freezing grill-roasted poblanos yesterday, I kept the trimmed pieces from the tops and chopped them. Had leftover chicken breast, a bit smoky from the Cobb Cooker. Having a can of spray oil makes cooking the tortillas a lot simpler. I make enough to fill two small baking dishes, each with six. One gets green sauce and cheese and goes in the toaster oven. The other gets frozen for an easy meal.

4GnPOMq.jpg

She had a margarita. I chose Negra Modelo.

DGEhncw.jpg

Not feeling great today, so we just had leftovers.

We seem to have the same problem, sometimes just not feeling well enough to cook. Well Taxy, you hang in there. I hope you feel great tomorrow/today.

If you believe in the afterlife, there are a bunch of us that'll have to get together, to create and enjoy the best we can put together. And I'm looking forward to meeting all of my DC friends, and introducing you to my family. But for now, get some rest, and hopefully, you'll feel better soon.

Green chile chicken enchiladas. When I was cleaning and freezing grill-roasted poblanos yesterday, I kept the trimmed pieces from the tops and chopped them. Had leftover chicken breast, a bit smoky from the Cobb Cooker. Having a can of spray oil makes cooking the tortillas a lot simpler. I make enough to fill two small baking dishes, each with six. One gets green sauce and cheese and goes in the toaster oven. The other gets frozen for an easy meal.

4GnPOMq.jpg

She had a margarita. I chose Negra Modelo.

DGEhncw.jpg
Looks great. I love the idea of putting fresh lettuce and tomatoes on top.

We seem to have the same problem, sometimes just not feeling well enough to cook. Well Taxy, you hang in there. I hope you feel great tomorrow/today.

If you believe in the afterlife, there are a bunch of us that'll have to get together, to create and enjoy the best we can put together. And I'm looking forward to meeting all of my DC friends, and introducing you to my family. But for now, get some rest, and hopefully, you'll feel better soon.

Thanks Chief, I seem to have more oomph today. I hope you have lots more good days than other days.

Back
Top Bottom