Thurs. Sept 1, What's your big meal today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm still under the weather with this flu, cold or whatever....

No energy, no ambition, no desire to do anything but sleep and eat because I know I have to.:neutral:

I still have a gallon of vegetable soup in the fridge and have been eating a cup full every couple of hours.:chef:

I will beat this thing....hack/cough/sneeze/sleep :(

Thank goodness I love my homemade vegetable soup and thank goodness I had it in the freezer!:rolleyes:

YUMMMMMM, sounds similar to my experiment the other night but I used gluten free fusili and non-dairy/soy cheese like product and added some chorizo sausage.:ermm:

Okay, yours sounds better! :LOL:

mmmm chorizo...
I know I'm going to need some kind of meat. I wonder if I have some ground turkey left...

hope you feel better, timothy.

i'm making scooter's leftover's.

lol, i should explain.

when i was a boy, i had a dog named scooter who would eat anything if it had some tomato sauce on it. and i mean anything. you had to be careful if you spilled some sauce on shoes or clothing because scooter would chew on those as well if she smelled them in the laundry room.

well, one day i came home and smelled something delicious on the stove, so i helped myself to a bowl. it was a delicious combo of leftover meats from previous meals, including grilled chicken, hamburgers, sausage, and pork chops.
what i didn't realize was that mom was making it for the dog, lol. some of the meats were a bit past their prime, but not spoiled yet, and i thankfully had gotten there just before she was to add gained burgers and other dog food to the pot.

i found it to be a great way to use up leftover meats, especially grilled meats, as it makes them moist and tasty once again as they flavour the sauce. sans dog food , of course.

so tonight, it's leftover grilled sausage and chicken in tomato sauce, alla scooter. :chef:

Last edited:
I'm still under the weather with this flu, cold or whatever....

No energy, no ambition, no desire to do anything but sleep and eat because I know I have to.:neutral:

I still have a gallon of vegetable soup in the fridge and have been eating a cup full every couple of hours.:chef:

I will beat this thing....hack/cough/sneeze/sleep :(

Thank goodness I love my homemade vegetable soup and thank goodness I had it in the freezer!:rolleyes:

soup sounds soothing. wish i could do nothing, but duty calls. just took a swig of flue and cold meds. theraflu. it helps but took some last night and it kept me awake. won't do that again.

be well and i am working on it too. :LOL:

Hi - I'm new here. I'm going to make homemade pizza - pepperoni for the kiddos - red pepper and onion for my husband and I. I have a crust recipe that uses whole wheat and its good :)

Happy anniversary LPB!
Feel better Timothy.

Dinner tonight will be grilled teriyaki chicken, brown rice pilaf, and roasted cauliflower.

Enjoy the day.

I'm making porcupine balls...easy to make and then pop em in the oven.

Happy anniversary, LP! Timothy, sure hope you're back on your feet soon!

The little pork roast and jalepenos I smoked on the stove top last night, refrigerated, then slow cookered all day today in a beer turned out surprisingly good, shredded with a bit of SBR BBQ sauce.

Last edited:
Happy Anniversary LP! Timothy hoping you are feeling better soon!

Happy anniversary, LP! Timothy, sure hope you're back on your feet soon!

The little pork roast and jalepenos I smoked on the stove top last night, refrigerated, then slow cookered all day today in a beer turned out surprisingly good, shredded with a bit of SBR BBQ sauce.

mmmm, on a cheap sloppy bun with cole slaw?
I'll bet the house smelled fantastic all day.

I'm pulling a pacanis and changing dinner plans. The burgers didn't defrost while we were away so we tossed a TJ's flatbread in the oven for dinner.

I'm pulling a pacanis and changing dinner plans. The burgers didn't defrost while we were away so we tossed a TJ's flatbread in the oven for dinner.

Yep, that's exactly what I would have done :LOL:

Timothy hoping you are feeling better soon!

Thanks Hamm4!

Had my vegetable soup again for "the meal" of the day and I'm feeling better than I have for a week. I just had to kick a little virus butt! I drowned it in vegetable soup!

I'm getting a sushi craving. I see that happening very soon.

I know, fuzzy pic. I should have moved it off the white plate because I was getting washout, but here it is anyway. It was too tasty not to post.
I ended up using Alfredo sauce and that was the ticket. LOL, frozen ravioli and homemade Alfredo sauce :rolleyes:
Anyway, Frozen ravioli lasagna with spinach, Alfredo sauce, mozz, crimini, ground turkey, parm... not necessarily in that order ;)

Attachments

• Ravioli lasagna.jpg
    Ravioli lasagna.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 203
Back
Top Bottom