Tuesday 12/27/2016 What's on the menu?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A balmy 55 F here today, so a grill meal it is. Steak tips on the grill, roast sweet potatoes, roast brussel sprouts (wife loves those!).

Christmas lights and outdoor ornaments came down today. Much rather do this in the warm weather than wait until it's below freezing. Forecast is for a snowstorm on Thursday.

Stopped at our favorite CT diner, Blue Colony, even though we weren't really hungry. Had to give our favorite waitress a hug and a Christmas card. Himself had a Monte Cristo, I had a grilled cheese on their most excellent Challah bread and a cup of creamy corn chowder. Maybe we will lose an ounce or two. ?

I rewound the Boxing Day Hotdish leftover from Monday. (Pasta cooked in chicken stock with Italian seasonings, sauteed green beans, yellow peppers, onions, celery, butternut squash cubes, diced chicken with a garlicky Parmesan-bleu cheese Alfredo sauce into which I tossed the leftover artichoke-olive-lemon dip), Panko breadcrumbs on top, baked in the oven to bring it all together, side salads, fresh fruit, and cookies and cranberry-lime sorbet for dessert. The Elders liked the hotdish--Mom gobbled hers down. I tasted the sauce (it was tasty), but since I don't eat pasta, I just had a mammoth salad. I am looking forward to my 10 days back in Ontario in January so I can get a break from the daily challenge of what to feed the Elders. I have discovered about 3-1/2 months is my limit. Then I need a break.

Last edited:
We had Lappkojs, which is potato mash made with pork broth and salted cooked pork, doesnt look pretty but every one loved it.

We each had our own chilis made a couple of days ago so it was an easy peasy meal last night.

We had our Christmas leftovers last night. I didn't make a gravy for the rib roast on Christmas, but I kept the fat and drippings. So last night, I made gravy, cut the remaining roast into small pieces and simmered them in the gravy. I also heated up the leftover hasselback potato casserole with a bit of half and half and some more Parmesan cheese and Penzeys Fox Point seasoning. And I made a vegetable medley of sautéed onions, green beans and roasted yellow belt pepper. And a couple pieces of homemade bread to sop up the gravy :yum:

Attachments

• 1482943542996.jpg
    1482943542996.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 155
Back
Top Bottom