What's cooking TGIFriday October 16, 2009?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Take care, LP; sinus issues are the worst. I had to have surgery on mine (sphenoid). It sure helped relieve that "hatchet buried in the back of my head" feeling!

i have allergies and sometimes if i get a bad attack it turns into a sinus infection and travels into my ears. man there is nothing worse than sinus trouble!! i hope you feel better soon.

Not sure. DH is back to work and I am still feeling the affects from my sinus infection/asthma attack. I might pull a couple of meat pies out of the freezer. But I don't have any salad fixin's and am not allowed out as it is a very blustery and rainy day here.

But we still have dessert which is a good thing. Beginning to wonder if we will ever run out!
i hate sinus infections mine always go into my ears and it hurts like the blazes!! feel better sweetie. {{hugs}}

Take care, LP; sinus issues are the worst. I had to have surgery on mine (sphenoid). It sure helped relieve that "hatchet buried in the back of my head" feeling!

Thanks, Wyogal. I am trying to avoid surgery but since I have been averaging 3 - 4 infections a winter I think I won't be able to put it off much longer, specially with the asthma issues. BTW, you described the pain exactly!

i have allergies and sometimes if i get a bad attack it turns into a sinus infection and travels into my ears. man there is nothing worse than sinus trouble!! i hope you feel better soon.

i hate sinus infections mine always go into my ears and it hurts like the blazes!! feel better sweetie. {{hugs}}

Thanks, Ms M! Those hugs really help.

I ended up baking a meat pie for Dad and just having some clear broth and toast. I have been drinking water, juice and tea like crazy.

I hope you feel better soon LP!

Tonight we had cheeseburger wraps and blueberry cobbler (from my old Betty Crocker book--I was out of shortening, so I subbed butter). I had never made cobbler before (my mom made it almost every Sunday night, either blackberry or peach). It turned out really well.

:)Barbara

We had sushi out for dinner tonight. Was going to do my specialty, Cochon Ivre, but around 3pm (when I would have had to get it rolling) I suddenly didn't feel like messing with it. :D

This was my cheeseburger.

img_857091_0_fc68d28dc689fc14f3ce1aa1c5a26022.jpg

img_857091_1_6c38c6725d76a0228f292fcd877e6393.jpg

This was my cheeseburger.

img_857098_0_fc68d28dc689fc14f3ce1aa1c5a26022.jpg

img_857098_1_6c38c6725d76a0228f292fcd877e6393.jpg
i am so hungry and that burger would hit the spot at the moment!! yummy.

i think i will have some taylor ham either with a poached egg and toast or another sammie like last night.

Thanks, Ms M! Those hugs really help.

I ended up baking a meat pie for Dad and just having some clear broth and toast. I have been drinking water, juice and tea like crazy.
inhale the steam. make your nose run, that helps me.

Ok! So yesterday I had my small dinner party for six, and I prepared a paella. When they arrived I already had hummus dip and kalamata olives to nible. It was a paella mixta, so with all kinds of seafood, some pork and chorizo, and deboned chicken thighs, salad and bread. For dessert a chocolate cream brulee and espresso coffee for those who drink coffee. I feel very accomplished after preparing this meal. It was delicious!!!!

Ok! So yesterday I had my small dinner party for six, and I prepared a paella. When they arrived I already had hummus dip and kalamata olives to nible. It was a paella mixta, so with all kinds of seafood, some pork and chorizo, and deboned chicken thighs, salad and bread. For dessert a chocolate cream brulee and espresso coffee for those who drink coffee. I feel very accomplished after preparing this meal. It was delicious!!!!
sounds fantastic!! do you have any pictures? i would love to see that spread.

Sorry, no pictures. When I finished preparing the food, it was smelling so good, we were all ready to sit down and eat.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom