What's for breakfast?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
eating it right now, a hearty one because I am doing manual labor this morning, homemade granola, sliced banana, covered with homemade vanilla yogurt

I think I better have an egg so I don't munch all morning like I did yesterday..... then baked cookies and ate dough.
Yuck. I'm feelin' chubby!

Sliced fresh picked tomato steeped in Worcestershire sauce (yep, it was breakfast, and an idea I got from buckytom I think) and YES, I licked the plate!

We were up early this morning because our border was leaving and we had a wonderful breakfast of warm "monkey bite muffins" (posted under muffins), coffee, tea, orange juice and fresh fruit.

sattie said:
Sliced fresh picked tomato steeped in Worcestershire sauce (yep, it was breakfast, and an idea I got from buckytom I think) and YES, I licked the plate!

it's good stuff, huh?

few can resist sucking the juces from a plate of tomatoes and worcestershire.

i thank my dad for this obsession.

i've never tried it with pickled tomatoes, tho. you're breaking new ground.

worcestershire sauce is also good on canned baby peas. try that addiction, will ya.

Last edited:
A few days ago, I was browsing cooking blogs and found a new one: Kelly Cooks...and Other Amazing Feats She has a Strawberry Scone recipe on there that sounded so good, so I tried it this morning. It was delicious! The recipe is definitely a keeper!!! While it was still warm, I cut it in half and spread butter on it, then put a dollop of whipped cream on top, then ate it. :) Mmmmmmm!

scone1.jpg

Last edited:
it's good stuff, huh?

few can resist sucking the juces from a plate of tomatoes and worcestershire.

i thank my dad for this obsession.

i've never tried it with pickled tomatoes, tho. you're breaking new ground.

worcestershire sauce is also good on canned baby peas. try that addiction, will ya.

Fresh PICKED... not pickled... but hey, you never know, it just might be good!

Thanks BT... I love this!

oops, sorry. i thought i saw an "l".

if you have a bottle of vodka just sittin around, peel the tomatoes, then soak in vodka overnight, before dousing with worcestershire sauce. sprinkle with celery salt, if you like.

a reconstructed bloody mary. :chef:

oops, sorry. i thought i saw an "l".

if you have a bottle of vodka just sittin around, peel the tomatoes, then soak in vodka overnight, before dousing with worcestershire sauce. sprinkle with celery salt, if you like.

a reconstructed bloody mary. :chef:

Awe, now your talkin!!!! I have never heard of that but you can bet yer drawers that I'm gonna try it!!!

And I agree, the scones look wonderful!!!

Back
Top Bottom