What's on your plate for Thursday, 1/30?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

medtran49

Master Chef
Can you believe January is almost over? Also, can't believe nobody started a dinner threat yet. We only have roast beef hash left on our list for the week but Craig didn't feel like looking thru the deep freeze for the leftover roast beef and I don't like doing that when I also have to work because of the arthritis in my hands. So, we don't know what we're having for tonight. My vote is out so we don't have to cook since this is our Friday night (last work day of the week for us).

Snow day today! Got a pot of chili in the crock pot. I'm out of sour cream but we have plenty of cheddar cheese.

Thanks, Jabbur for the inspiration! It is rainy and gloomy here and I think I will make a batch of turkey white bean chili! It will meat my diet requirements and we haven't had it in so long. I can't have it too spicy, but TB knows where the hot sauce is for his! ;)

It's a toss-up between the last of the ham and bean soup or just popping a doctored up frozen pizza in the oven. Whichever one goes better with copious amounts of alcohol after another go-round with the health connector...:wacko:

Thanks, Jabbur for the inspiration! It is rainy and gloomy here and I think I will make a batch of turkey white bean chili! It will meat my diet requirements and we haven't had it in so long. I can't have it too spicy, but TB knows where the hot sauce is for his! ;)

Glad I could help Laurie!

pizza...ended up making one today instead of tomorrow. It has been so long since I have made one, I was anxious to do a test pizza. It turned out very good, despite the fact I forgot to saute any vegetables and the oregano, but it has plenty of cheeses and meats:D.

Sauteed scallops in a lemony mustard butter sauce, served on a base of pureed celeriac with a side of broccolli and potato gratin. Reasonably quick and immensely tasty!

I'm not really hungry. I finished off the bigos I made a few night back around 3:00 this afternoon. I had to heat it up on the stove because my microwave broke. I remembered how... I may just make a couple peanut butter sandwiches later if I get hungry.

Breaded pork chop and a salad.

A peanut butter sandwich and an ice cold glass of milk sounds pretty good, maybe for a bedtime snack!

I just had two, Bea. I thought they sounded to good to let slip by.

We were given a bag of commercially-produced taco soup mix, so I made that. However, I did have to tweak it in order for it to be more than bland. Yeah? Taco soup? Hard to believe. I added chopped sauteed onions and garlic and some diced tomatoes, which helped it immensely. We had sliced N.Y. Times No-Knead bread along side, iced and hot tea to drink, then some homemade rice pudding for dessert. We're done...and we're full.

Two chicken thighs baked with just salt and pepper. Very simple. And it actually tasted like chicken. Rice on the side. :angel:

Great sounding meals! I can see that I'm going to have to make chili sometime soon. :) :yum:

I didn't get home from work until 5:30 tonight, so ended up just throwing together a tuna melt and a salad for dinner this evening. After reading the split pea soup thread, I had really planned on that for tonight's dinner, but it looks like that will have to wait until tomorrow. :)

Back
Top Bottom