What's on your plate Monday, 4/19/2021?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

medtran49

Master Chef
We'll be having Mexican/Tex-Mex dishes. Chorizo pick-ups, chorizo cooked, drained, then Munster cheese placed over and broiled. Picked up with tortillas or tortilla chips. Guacamole. Taquitos or flautas using flour tortillas and seasoned ground beef mix. I can never remember which is which, I.e. corn versus flour tortillas. Craig is in charge of pico/salsa. We have stuff for fresh red and a cooked green, don't know which or if he will make both.

We had store bought, beef tourtière with homemade gravy, and macaroni salad. I burnt the edge of the crust on the tourtière, so I didn't bother taking pix. It was the first time I tried baking it in the toaster oven. It still tasted great.

Beef stew, steamed carrots, mashed baby red and yellow potatoes in their jackets with mushroom stew jus gravy. And a glass of white Zinfandel.

stew_041921_IMG_7998.jpg

taxy, I've found that wrapping the edge of the crust with foil for more than half of the baking time keeps the crust from burning when baking in the toaster oven.

We had garden salads and his-and-her Naan bread pizzas.

taxy, I've found that wrapping the edge of the crust with foil for more than half of the baking time keeps the crust from burning when baking in the toaster oven.

We had garden salads and his-and-her Naan bread pizzas.

Yeah, I know about doing that. I just didn't think of it until I saw the overly dark edge. Also, the instructions aren't on the box the tourtière comes in. They are on the website of the place that sells them. I screwed up on the temperature too. I was remembering the temperature for the breaded haddock, 425°F, while it should have been 350°F. :ohmy: It was ready in half the expected time. I thought I was smelling burnt, so I ran downstairs to look. Pulled the tourtière out of the toaster oven and checked the temperature and it was ready to eat. I had been afraid that the middle or bottom might not be done, that much too early, but it was. Live and learn.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom