Apple Slaw- TNT

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

crewsk

Master Chef
2C cabbage, shredded
2 medium apples, cored & diced
1(16oz) can crushed pineapple, well drained
3/4C mayonnaise
pinch salt

Combine all ingredients in large bowl, cover & refrigerate 1 hour or longer before serving.

I drained the pineapple into a bowl & tossed the apples with the juice to keep them from discoloring. If the slaw is too runny, add more cabbage 1/2C at a time until you get the desired consistency.

This sounds really interesting! I'm not a slaw fan but even I would try this one. What do you serve it with, crewsk? I'm thinking it would be good with some sort of pork...

This sounds great, but I can't stand mayo. I wonder how it would be if I just left that out. I also wonder what a little cracked black pepper would do it it as well. Thanks Crewsk, this looks interesting!

PA I made it for Homecoming at our church Sunday before last so it went with everything. The main meats were chicken fingers & ham. I'm not a slaw fan either but I did like this one, the pineapple gave it just a little something diffrent.

GB, you could try sour cream instead of the mayo & I think the addition of pepper would be interesting. I didn't even think about that when I made it.

Wonder how it would work if I subbed organic yogurt for the mayo? This looks good; a nice transitional salad to go from summer picnic salads to the heartier veggies of fall.

Thanks Crews :) I wonder, do you think that the pineapple might run the risk of curdling the sour cream? I've encountered this when trying to add sour cream to some acid products like tomato sauce. So I usually stick to creme fraiche instead (lesson learned :LOL:).

Back
Top Bottom