"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Health, Nutrition and Special Diets
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 07-28-2021, 07:24 PM   #21
Chef Extraordinaire
 
taxlady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: near Montreal, Quebec
Posts: 26,744
Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Baking soda would need an acid. Baking powder is already a mixture. One of the ingredients is an acid, usually tartaric acid (cream of tartar).
__________________
May you live as long as you wish and love as long as you live.
Robert A. Heinlein
taxlady is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 08:17 AM   #22
Assistant Cook
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
Location: nomad
Posts: 31
Yes. Still looking into cream o tartar. Since i cannot do citris things. But i appreciate the recipe =^.^=
Conney373 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2021, 09:01 PM   #23
Assistant Cook
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
Location: nomad
Posts: 31
Haaa now it works right. I am back with pictures!!
1) 1st attempt at spelt flat bread
2) 3rd attempt, olive oil helps
3) cabbage and napa cabbage lamb wraps with leek carrot and rice noodle
4)1st try at a sauce, goat milk and spelt flour with seasonings om a spaghetti squash pell pepper onion and beef mix, with rice thins i later found out I cannot have
5) Hyssop and oregano Trout on top of red potatoes
6)Red potatoes, broiled chuck steak and Zucchini
7)oat meal with melon with Ginger honey tea
8) fried okra with new fancy recipe for roasted potatoes, since fries are off the menu
Click image for larger version

Name:	20210802_214745.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	43.5 KB
ID:	48368Click image for larger version

Name:	20210809_165134.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	34.0 KB
ID:	48369Click image for larger version

Name:	20210803_124928.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	36.6 KB
ID:	48370Click image for larger version

Name:	20210813_191753.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	89.2 KB
ID:	48371Click image for larger version

Name:	20210816_121928.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	64.8 KB
ID:	48372Click image for larger version

Name:	20210818_165140.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	48.6 KB
ID:	48373Click image for larger version

Name:	20210819_092820.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	75.9 KB
ID:	48374Click image for larger version

Name:	20210821_204107.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	71.5 KB
ID:	48375
Conney373 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2021, 09:06 PM   #24
Assistant Cook
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
Location: nomad
Posts: 31
Also 1st attempt at Millet flat bread. They ended up to sticky at first, then later became to dry and now just taste like excess flourClick image for larger version

Name:	20210821_210505.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	33.2 KB
ID:	48376
Conney373 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2021, 09:11 PM   #25
Chef Extraordinaire
 
taxlady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: near Montreal, Quebec
Posts: 26,744
Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Are you enjoying your successes?
__________________
May you live as long as you wish and love as long as you live.
Robert A. Heinlein
taxlady is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2021, 09:14 PM   #26
Assistant Cook
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
Location: nomad
Posts: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
Are you enjoying your successes?
Some of it is quite tasty and makes me feel a tad better about what I eat
Conney373 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2021, 11:29 AM   #27
Assistant Cook
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
Location: nomad
Posts: 31
I'm curious if there is a site I Can look up what is in foods. For example I found out I cannot have coconut oil, possibly due to lipids. Is there a site i can look that up and find other foods that would have similar properties
Conney373 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2021, 11:37 AM   #28
Master Chef
 
dragnlaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Waterdown, Ontario
Posts: 5,735
Why don't you just enter the individual food into Wikipedia. They often break down the composition of various things. I just did Coconut Oil from your question and there were quite a few 'break-down' charts.
__________________
Meddle not in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
dragnlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2021, 02:04 PM   #29
Assistant Cook
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
Location: nomad
Posts: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragnlaw View Post
Why don't you just enter the individual food into Wikipedia. They often break down the composition of various things. I just did Coconut Oil from your question and there were quite a few 'break-down' charts.
That's a thought
Conney373 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2021, 02:42 PM   #30
Master Chef
 
CharlieD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: USA,Minnesota
Posts: 9,810
Matnakash
Armenian flat bread.

1 pack dry yeast
Ĺ tea spoon sugar
1 full + tea spoon salt
4-5 cups flour
2 cups warm water (not too hot, so not to kill yeast)
2-3 table spoon oil
Mix water, yeast and sugar till dissolved. Add salt and flour, mix well. The dough will still be sticky, cover the bowl with towel or plastic wrap and let it seat in a warm place for an hour. After that push the dough down and mix/ knead for a few minutes, let it rest and then rise again for another half an hour.
Poor the oil on the baking sheet you will use, drop the dough on top of it. Work it with your hands by pushing down. It should be somewhat oval in shape. Then with your fingers push down the border and the straight lines, it should not be more than an inch high. Let it proof for another 20 minutes or so. Brush the top with some water. Bake at 425 deg for about 20-25 minutes. Bread should come out to be about 10 inches wide and about 14 inches long, approximately.


Just skip the sugar.
__________________
You are what you eat.
CharlieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2021, 05:00 PM   #31
Executive Chef
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 4,127
Conney373, if you are looking at breaking down food items into fat/protein/carbs, and the vitamin and mineral content, breaking it down further into types of amino acids in the protein portions, and to the type of fat (omega 3/6, saturated, polyunsaturated etc). The USDA and other databases will give that kind of information, usually connected up with an application to do that. Cronometer.com is a free application on the internet, that accesses that database for items. Once you enter in an item, and the amount of the item, it gives you its breakdown. I hope that helps you.
__________________
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7C0MFr46WKA
Check out NutritionFacts.org for the latest in nutrition research.
blissful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2021, 05:42 PM   #32
Assistant Cook
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
Location: nomad
Posts: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieD View Post
Matnakash
Armenian flat bread.

1 pack dry yeast
Ĺ tea spoon sugar
1 full + tea spoon salt
4-5 cups flour
2 cups warm water (not too hot, so not to kill yeast)
2-3 table spoon oil
Mix water, yeast and sugar till dissolved. Add salt and flour, mix well. The dough will still be sticky, cover the bowl with towel or plastic wrap and let it seat in a warm place for an hour. After that push the dough down and mix/ knead for a few minutes, let it rest and then rise again for another half an hour.
Poor the oil on the baking sheet you will use, drop the dough on top of it. Work it with your hands by pushing down. It should be somewhat oval in shape. Then with your fingers push down the border and the straight lines, it should not be more than an inch high. Let it proof for another 20 minutes or so. Brush the top with some water. Bake at 425 deg for about 20-25 minutes. Bread should come out to be about 10 inches wide and about 14 inches long, approximately.


Just skip the sugar.
Thank you
Though I cannot have yeast or wheat
Conney373 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2021, 05:43 PM   #33
Assistant Cook
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
Location: nomad
Posts: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by blissful View Post
Conney373, if you are looking at breaking down food items into fat/protein/carbs, and the vitamin and mineral content, breaking it down further into types of amino acids in the protein portions, and to the type of fat (omega 3/6, saturated, polyunsaturated etc). The USDA and other databases will give that kind of information, usually connected up with an application to do that. Cronometer.com is a free application on the internet, that accesses that database for items. Once you enter in an item, and the amount of the item, it gives you its breakdown. I hope that helps you.
Oh sweet thank you
Conney373 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2021, 07:04 PM   #34
Master Chef
 
CharlieD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: USA,Minnesota
Posts: 9,810
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conney373 View Post
Oh sweet thank you


And itís kosher. Because I keep kosher
__________________
You are what you eat.
CharlieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
diet, egg, free, histamine, inflamatory, sugar

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:03 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.