does anyone know to make fish 65 ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Here's Chicken 65 - is it the same? (well, obviously fish instead of chicken ;) )

Chicken-65

Skinned chicken drumsticks- 7 pieces (washed and dried with paper towels)
Onion- 1 (chopped finely)
Green chili- 1 (chopped finely)
Grated ginger- 1 inch piece
Red chili powder- 1/4 tsp
Freshly ground black pepper powder- 1/4 tsp
Salt
Plain yoghurt- 1/2 cup
Chopped cilantro (coriander) leaves
Oil for deep-frying

Mix the onion, green chili, ginger, chili powder, turmeric powder, pepper powder, salt and yoghurt to make a marinade. Make 2-3 deep cuts in the chicken drumsticks. Place them in a glass dish and coat them evenly with the marinade and refrigerate for 3 hrs.

Heat oil in a deep pan. Fry the marinated chicken pieces for about 12-15 minutes or until browned. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve hot.

What the heck is the 65???!!!
33.gif

I would be tempted to use something like grouper, or sea bass. I have no idea what the 65 is, can't really find anything about it yet.

Well this thread got my curiosity up so I googled. Most of the results of the first 50 or 60 were of no use but I got close.

I found chicken or fish 65 on the entree menu of the St. Marks Hotel in Bangalore, India. Now mind you I still don't know what it is but I'd guess the Chicken recipe above is a fair indicator.

I also went thru my cookbook collection with no luck.

How to make Fish 65: Take very good care of your fish, so that he lives to the age of 64. Then take really, really good care of it until his 65th birthday.

Sorry! I came up with the same results as Robert when I searched Copernic.

:) Barbara

Back
Top Bottom