"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Fish & Seafood
Click Here to Login

Old 09-13-2021, 09:44 AM   #1
Certified Pretend Chef

Tuscan Butter Shrimp

TUSCAN BUTTER SHRIMP

5 Oz Baby Spinach
1 Oz Basil, Chiffonade
2 Tb Olive Oil
1 Lb Shrimp, peeled and cleaned
TT Salt and Pepper
4 Tb Butter
3 Cl Garlic, minced
1½ C Halved Cherry Tomatoes
¾ C Heavy Cream
⅓ C Parmigiano Reggiano, or more

Wash and dry the spinach. Reserve.

Wash, dry, stem and chiffonade the basil. Reserve.

Heat the oil in a large sauté pan over medium high heat. Season the shrimp all over with salt and pepper. When the oil is shimmering but not smoking, add the shrimp and sear until one side is cooked, then turn and cook the other side. Remove to a plate.

Reduce the heat to medium and add the butter. When the butter has melted, stir in the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the tomatoes and season with salt and pepper. Cook until the tomatoes are beginning to soften.

Add the spinach and cook until it begins to wilt.

Stir in the heavy cream and basil and bring the mixture to a simmer. Reduce heat to low and simmer until sauce is slightly reduced, about 3 minutes.

Return shrimp to skillet and stir to combine. Cook until is heated through, turn off the heat and stir in the cheese.
Old 09-13-2021, 09:50 AM   #2
Master Chef

Oh MY!

Think that just might be supper tonight! need to check for cream.

WOW!

Thanks Andy!
Old 09-13-2021, 01:43 PM   #3
Chef Extraordinaire

Looks good, Andy. While I have the last of a basil plant sitting on my kitchen sill, I didn't think of adding that instead of the dried basil to the mix. It would have made a nice garnish, but I went with parsley instead.
Old 09-13-2021, 05:06 PM   #4
Wannabe TV Chef

I'm going to try both recipes!!!
I put them both in to my "Copy Me That"
Kaneohegirlinaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2021, 06:46 PM   #5
Sous Chef

That sounds amazing. A recipe to store!
karadekoolaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2021, 10:53 PM   #6
Executive Chef

I definitely copied that recipe! Will soon have enough cherries to make this - I actually have enough, but don't want to use many of the gold sweets, which is what I always have a lot of.
Old 09-13-2021, 11:19 PM   #7
Certified Pretend Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepperhead212 View Post
I definitely copied that recipe! Will soon have enough cherries to make this - I actually have enough, but don't want to use many of the gold sweets, which is what I always have a lot of.
Instead of using cherry tomatoes and cutting them in half, I usually buy little tomatoes about the size of large grapes. Then I just toss them in the pan and cook them until they split from the heat.
Old 09-14-2021, 05:28 AM   #8
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

That sounds so good and Keto so I don't have to leave anything out. Thanks, Andy!

Tags
basil, butter, cream, recipe, shrimp, spinach

Tuscan Butter Shrimp TUSCAN BUTTER SHRIMP 5 Oz Baby Spinach 1 Oz Basil, Chiffonade 2 Tb Olive Oil 1 Lb Shrimp, peeled and cleaned TT Salt and Pepper 4 Tb Butter 3 Cl Garlic, minced 1½ C Halved Cherry Tomatoes ¾ C Heavy Cream ⅓ C Parmigiano Reggiano, or more Wash and dry the spinach. Reserve. Wash, dry, stem and chiffonade the basil. Reserve. Heat the oil in a large sauté pan over medium high heat. Season the shrimp all over with salt and pepper. When the oil is shimmering but not smoking, add the shrimp and sear until one side is cooked, then turn and cook the other side. Remove to a plate. Reduce the heat to medium and add the butter. When the butter has melted, stir in the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the tomatoes and season with salt and pepper. Cook until the tomatoes are beginning to soften. Add the spinach and cook until it begins to wilt. Stir in the heavy cream and basil and bring the mixture to a simmer. Reduce heat to low and simmer until sauce is slightly reduced, about 3 minutes. Return shrimp to skillet and stir to combine. Cook until is heated through, turn off the heat and stir in the cheese. 3 stars 1 reviews