ISO T&T Rice Pudding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

*amy*

Washing Up
I've had a hankering for good old-fashioned rice pudding (preferably chocolate w/o a lot of sugar - but good old plain rice pudding like the kind you use to get in cafeterias will do). Anyone have a recipe to share? Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
I'll be watching this thread with interest. I make a simple vanilla rice pudding. A chocolate one might be interesting.

I’d like to see the recipe too. My grandmother made an awesome rice pudding with raisins in it. It was white/clear.....I’ve not heard of a chocolate version. I could go for a big bowl of rice pudding about now.

I've got 2 or 3 recipes, but they all have eggs which makes it sorta like custard. I ate some one time that was very creamy that had no eggs. I would like to see a recipe that didn't have eggs.

Grandma's Rice Pudding

1/2 cup short grain rice
2 cups boiling water
2 large cinnamon sticks
1 can evaporated milk
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup corn starch

In low heat, cook rice with cinnamon sticks with 2 cups water in a covered saucepan until rice is very tender. When all water has been absorbed, add milk and sugar. Stir constantly until milk comes to a boil. Mix water and corn starch in a separate container, add slowly to rice/milk; continue stirring and cook for another 5 minutes until thickened. *You can puree the rice in a blender before adding milk, sugar and cornstarch if you like a smooth texture.

Rice Pudding

1 Qt Milk (4 cups)
6 Tb Sugar (80 grams)
C Rice, long grain
1 tsp Vanilla Extract

Combine milk sugar and rice and bring to a gentle simmer.

Simmer uncovered, for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.

Remove from heat and stir in the extract.

Note: The cooking time is approximate. It can be longer or shorter based on how rapid the simmer is. Look for a thick but still fluid mixture. It the liquid has evaporated so much that the rice has taken over the pan, you cooked it too much.

Back
Top Bottom