Leftover beef, any suggestions?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I like beef ragu...

Brown onions and garlic in olive oil. Add cubed beef and brown some more. Then add a few cups of beef broth. Meanwhile, cook some short pasta in water. I usually use bowties for this recipe. Just before it is al dente, drain and add to the simmering beef and stock and let it finish and absorb most of the stock. Turn if off before it toatally sucks up all of the broth and don't let it get mushy. Serve in bowls covered with loads of fresh chopped parsley and black pepper...

Last edited:
Rocklobster said:
I like beef ragu...

Brown onions and garlic in olive oil. Add cubed beef and brown some more. Then add a few cups of beef broth. Meanwhile, cook some short pasta in water. I usually use bowties for this recipe. Just before it is al dente, drain and add to the simmering beef and stock and let it finish and absorb most of the stock. Turn if off before it toatally sucks up all of the broth and don't let it get mushy. Serve in bowls covered with loads of fresh chopped parsley and black pepper...

Now that's my kind of dish! :)

I like to make pasties with my leftover prime rib or roast beef just add diced potatoes,onions,salt and pepper,put in a pastrie crust and bake til potatoes are done.
kadesma

Try beef teppenyaki! It's a Japanese style dish.

First, cut the beef into bite sizes. In the pan, fry some chopped garlic until golden brown. Take em out, and then toss in the beef and fry them in the garlic oil. Pepper it up while it's cooking! Serve it together with the garlic. It goes well with beansprouts (Fried the same way) and rice.

Yum - me too

I love a cold beef salad with Green Goddess dressing (or Caesar dressing, or a good mustardy vinaigrette). and it's so easy. just cut your leftover roast into 3/4-inch chunks, slice up some red or Vidalia onions, or scallions, a little celery, and toss it all with mixed greens.

Add some ripe tomato, feta or blue cheese crumbles. Serve with fresh baked bread. :pig:

I'd suggest some kind of stir fry. Put it with some beansprouts, onion, garlic, baby sweetcorn, broccoli and some cauliflower, and that's my kind of dish :)
Or I'd use it as a perfect excuse to make a chilli!

Finely dice about a pound of the beef, mix with a can of stewed tomatoes and a package of taco seasoning for beef tacos.

Chop the meat. Saute in butter some onions and mushrooms til soft. Add the meat, brown gravy, a splash of red wine and frozen peas heat till hot and serve over a hot baked potato.

Make a good warm beef sandwich on focassia bread with a sour cream horseradish sauce, red onions & roma tomatoes with a nice slice of sharp cheddar cheese.

How about slicing it for Philly Cheese Steak sandwiches? That wouldn't seem like "leftovers."
Wonderful idea June!!

Eye round roast or flank steak (I've done both, this is flank steak) turned into cheese steak the next day.

img_1069048_0_4610cbea0a9fe87a06e8eba5963ef634.jpg

img_1069048_1_5308633d589c6d430fb71d50dad8c265.jpg

img_1069048_2_681de1fe51f2d5ecaeef8b787a28e6ef.jpg

img_1069048_3_94693fd6e7466438a5a02fc5aac73cb0.jpg

Last edited:
Wonderful idea June!!

Eye round roast or flank steak (I've done both, this is flank steak) turned into cheese steak the next day.

Fine, now you've made me slobber all over my screen again! :pig::pig::pig:

That is one FINE looking sammich, MsMoffet!

Anyone know how to get tooth marks off the monitor?

Fine, now you've made me slobber all over my screen again! :pig::pig::pig:

That is one FINE looking sammich, MsMoffet!

Anyone know how to get tooth marks off the monitor?
ROTFLMBO!! Thank you and so sorry.

Makes a marvelous steak sandwich. Slice it thin, heat in sautee pan. Spread a bun with mustard of choice and/or horseradish sauce. (I make horseradish sauce by mixing horseradish with Miracle Whip.)

Dice the beef and throw it into a crock pot along with 1 can of beef broth, a small package of frozen mixed vegetables, 1 pkg. of onion soup mix and enough water to come up to about 3 inches of the top of the pot. Let it simmer for the morning (about 3 hours) and eat with crusty French bread at lunch time.

Pastry sounds really delish. Pepperedge farm pastry dough, cut into squares, grind the meat fold inside the dough into triangles, pinch the ends, bake for 20 minutes, super yum.

Back
Top Bottom