Left over turkey dressing for breakfast

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
But you got to love them! After all, it is family.

BTW, you might try making some Pepperidge Farm or Stove Top stuffing and leave it sitting out in a separate bowl for you sister to see. Then you won't care if she takes the whole bowl of it home. You will still have your personally made stuffing. Yes, I do have a devious mind.

Actually a couple years ago I bought Pepperidge Farm stuffing cubes and treated them like they were plain homemade bread cubes.
I must say it was very good.......LOL
I don't see them anymore. If I did, I would use them.

RB, this sounds like a teaching moment of manners for your kids and grands. Leftover holiday food doesn't just magically appear for the taking.

Assuming they are all old enough to cook, they should each be contributing a dish to the table in order to share their leftovers with other family members. Only then will they get the idea of "sharing" and not "taking'.
I'm reminded of my piggy family member who took home most everything, and always only brought a package of store bought dinner rolls. Ack...:mad:

For sure you are right. No wonder you are one of my favorite posters on this forum.
Yes, all of them are old enough and perfectly able to cook. I should discuss this "teaching moment" with my wife.
After all. "A happy wife is a happy life"!!!!!!!

Thanks y'all. ;):)

RB, you certainly should not feel funny for hiding leftovers. You bought the ingredients, prepared the food, welcomed your guests, and (probably) cleaned everything up. If anyone deserves first dibs on leftovers, it is you! I say continue to hide stuff...and put a mousetrap or two right in front of them. That way you'll know if anyone found your hiding spot. ;)

But you got to love them! After all, it is family.
My Mom's rule was "You're family. I have to love you, but I don't have to like you." :cool: Sometimes, family members are just plain unlikable. :glare:

RB, you certainly should not feel funny for hiding leftovers. You bought the ingredients, prepared the food, welcomed your guests, and (probably) cleaned everything up. If anyone deserves first dibs on leftovers, it is you! I say continue to hide stuff...and put a mousetrap or two right in front of them. That way you'll know if anyone found your hiding spot. ;)

My Mom's rule was "You're family. I have to love you, but I don't have to like you." :cool: Sometimes, family members are just plain unlikable. :glare:

Well said Goddess. :)

Love that mouse trap idea. And just think. Who ever gets caught, just might not come back next year. More leftovers for you.

Back
Top Bottom