Rosemary polenta and sauce

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kadesma

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
We love roasted chicken with rosemary polenta and sauce.
bring 2 cups of half and half,2oz of butter,1-1/2cups water,salt and pepper to boil.add the rosemary that you've chopped, lower heat and simmer til polenta is no longer coarse..Or use the instant and put everything together and pop it into the oven to cook. Make your sauce
1-pt. white wine to roasting pan after removing your chicken using the meat juices to make your sauce,now add 1pt. of chicken stock or broth and reduce.
Before serving bring sauce to boil and add 1/2 cup butter.
Serve polenta and sauce family style
kadesma

Kadesma, might I make a suggestion to cook the polenta in chicken broth or stock, whichever you have on hand. It adds so much more flavor than cooking it in water. Other than that the recipe sounds yummy!!! Do you use any specific variety of white wine? I like to cook with chardonay or sauvignon blanc.

Kadesma, might I make a suggestion to cook the polenta in chicken broth or stock, whichever you have on hand. It adds so much more flavor than cooking it in water. Other than that the recipe sounds yummy!!! Do you use any specific variety of white wine? I like to cook with chardonay or sauvignon blanc.
my recipe uses half and half along with the water, it's rather rich, but chicken broth is what i use when there is no cream in it..I prefer the chicken broth, but my kids love the half and half:)
I use a pinot most of the time, but a chard is nice too
kadesma

Back
Top Bottom