Did you know…
Ulysses S. Grant could not stomach the sight of blood. He insisted on having his meat cooked well done because rare steak nauseated him. Though raised in rural Ohio, where hunting was the norm, Grant never participated.
1. Who was the first woman do drive in the Indianapolis 500 ?
2. in the "Cinderella" Disney feature-length cartoon, what sort of critters were Gus and Jag??
3. what was Betty Grable's unappealing stage name?
4. Joe Nameth had a knick-name; what was it?
5. what do we call that item known in Britain as a "flannel"?
6. what's the correct name for the tune we all know as "here comes the Bride"?
7. what was the first single released off "U2"'s album, Achtung, baby ?
8. name the fighter who lost part of his ear to the bite of Mike Tyson.
TRUTH OR CRAP ??
Sir Arthur Conan Doyle was a surgeon who based the character of Sherlock Holmes on a fellow Doctor.
1. JANET GUTHRIE
3. ruth haag
4. BROADWAY JOE
6. ''BRIDAL CHORUS"
7. "mysterious ways"
8. EVANDER HOLYFIELD
Doyle studied medicine at the University of Edinburgh. There, one of his professors, Dr. joseph Bell, so impressed him with his amazing medical deductions concerning the histories and backgrounds of his patients that, when Doyle wrote his first Holmes story, "a study in scarlet", five years later, he modeled his fictional hero after his professor
“Food is like sex: When you abstain, even the worst stuff begins to look
good.” – Beth McCollister