As Restaurants Open With Limited Seating

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RCJoe

Senior Cook
Today numerous States will allow Restaurants to open with 50% seating capacity. Many stores have been limiting the number of people who can be in them for awhile now with tape stripes on the floors to maintain six feet of distance.

But has anyone noticed people standing way too close together just outside the doors waiting to get in ? Some wearing mask and some not.

What are you noticing as you drive by or visit these places ?

I haven't been away from my house in weeks, and I don't plan to anytime soon (other than doctors appointments), so I don't know what others are doing. I do know that about a month ago, a restaurant offered a really good deal. It was supposed to be curbside only, but it became a madhouse and the police had to disperse the crowd. So I'm not expecting a lot of good sense here.

Wherever I go, people are not that far apart. I live in NYC and although stores limit the number of patrons, everyone seems to be grabbing the same bunch of bananas or are near the meat display, etc at the same time.

I think opening any restaurant or bar at this time, is beyond stupid.

You certainly can't eat or drink wearing a mask and I won't be going anywhere a mask isn't required at all times. I pray that a vaccine will come very soon to cover not only reasonable folks, but all those stupid and careless people on the news. :mad:

Then again, this would work for all the Barfly's "yearning to be free"...:ermm:
DIY drinking mask..:wacko:

Attachments

• mask.png
    mask.png
    216 KB · Views: 106
New Mexico MAY open restaurants to limited seating on June 1. It depends on if the state has a decreasing rate of positive cases, which we do not have now. It looks very iffy to me for any reopening. We do have take out choices. But meanwhile, we are expected to continue to shelter in place (just stay home!).

Kayelle, would this work for you? I would be willing to give this a try.

Restaurant enforces social distancing with private ‘greenhouses’ for diners

I think that is just BRILLIANT!! I love how they serve the plates with a Pizza Peel....too clever!!

This kind of crap is what worries me about going to restaurants and the like.
View attachment 41116

That's just exactly what I'm also worried about GG. I see in our local Newspaper that this county is reopening some restaurants with restrictions. I hope they mean that the restrictions will include checking their staff on a regular basis.

What really burns me up is that Hair and Nail salons will not open HERE for weeks.:mad: The plan here is only one customer at a time will enter a salon, and they will be called while they wait in their car.
That sounds perfectly reasonable to me. It's certainly more reasonable than opening bars and restaurants.

You can get your grooming needs taken care of with masks, but you sure can't eat or drink with a mask on.

I'm so ticked off about this I may have to get a picket sign that reads this, and go to the Ventura City Hall, with my mask and gloves.

I NEED A HAIRCUT......

Attachments

• picket signs.jpg
    picket signs.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 173
Last edited:
This kind of crap is what worries me about going to restaurants and the like.
View attachment 41116
I had to go to the doctor today. I've been going there since 1989, so some of the staff, like my doctor's scheduler who checked me in, know me pretty well. You get screened *three times* before actually seeing the doctor - by an employee near the entrance, by the person who checks you in and by the nurse or nurse's aide who takes your temperature, etc. - asking you questions about symptoms and exposure to Covid-19.

The scheduler told me they've been finding out that some patients are *lying* to the screeners! They finally admit to the doctor that they've been having symptoms or suspect exposure. This puts all of the other staff and patients at risk! I just can't believe people would do that.

Btw, there's a sign on the first screener's table that says answering yes doesn't mean you won't get to your destination - they will just have to use different procedures. Argh.

The scheduler told me they've been finding out that some patients are *lying* to the screeners! They finally admit to the doctor that they've been having symptoms or suspect exposure. This puts all of the other staff and patients at risk! I just can't believe people would do that.
@#$%!!*()&^ The air is turning blue here....:ohmy::angry::evil::censored::furious::furious::furious:

Last edited:
Here's another reason to take it slow with re-opening restaurants and other enclosed public places. We have to remember that the virus still very new and scientists and doctors are learning more every day about how it behaves, in people and in the environment. We can get the best advice available, but it's going to change as they learn more.

Air Conditioning Systems Can Spread The Coronavirus, Study Suggests

A recent study suggests air conditioning systems could play a role in spreading the coronavirus.

The study looks at a woman in China who dined at a restaurant days before she showed COVID-19 symptoms. Researchers say she infected four people at her table and five at other tables because an air conditioner behind her spread droplets from her speech.

https://www.wbur.org/hereandnow/2020/05/19/air-conditioning-coronavirus

Last edited:
:LOL::ROFLMAO:^^That's priceless and hysterical Wiska.

I bet their business would boom with selling those drinking masks on the street....
Milk isn't that expensive and can be frozen … HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM Empty plastic gallon size milk containers and a box cutter. I should go into the drinking shield biz!! I can charge the cost of the milk for each shield. :ROFLMAO::LOL:

Back
Top Bottom