Family cooking dilemma..advice needed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
lol, pacnar. i'm putting my axe down and backing away. :)

have you been watching "vikings"?

i can't wait until sunday nights between that and "game of thrones". i go into work wanting to chop people up. :cool:

and yes, andy. the vikings passed through mass. after crossing treacherous seas, then fought indians and more treacherous terrain to end up living in a place with just as miserable weather as where they started. :wacko:

Not to mention they stink at football.

Thanks for the good advice friends. I'm glad I didn't open up my big mouth at the dinner, as I'm sure she would have been embarrassed and I'd sure not want to be "that" kind of mother in law. This kind of thing can be so touchy. I think I'll tell her I looked for the recipe because I wanted to make it, and found the error made by PD.
I reviewed the recipe at the Food Network and gave it a negative one star and the reason. That should teach them not to mess with a Mama bear.;)

love how you counter, mama!:)

I actually had this sort of conversation once with my mother. It wasn't about food, actually, it was about language. I have an aunt who is notoriously bad about word pronunciation and usage. I asked Mom (her sis) if you did it, would you prefer I correct it, let it go, wait and say something in private. The answer was the latter. Don't let it go to embarrass another day. Don't embarrass in front of others. just a word to the wise on the side. And, no, I'm not a Deen fan. But then there aren't too many TV chefs I like any more.

I'm surprised to hear you say that, since evidence of vikings were found in your state. I thought you were going to say you've got a little viking in you ;)

I didn't know they were this far south. I always thought they landed up in Newfoundland and the Maritime Islands. From their they went exploring.:angel:

I didn't know they were this far south. I always thought they landed up in Newfoundland and the Maritime Islands. From their they went exploring.:angel:

According to one guy on the History Channel (or similar) there was evidence of them coming through MA. Some kind of stone markers they were known for or something.
Who's to say though?

According to one guy on the History Channel (or similar) there was evidence of them coming through MA. Some kind of stone markers they were known for or something.
Who's to say though?

I am a history nut. I will have to look up some information. We do have those markers all over the place. A lot of them are milestones, or land markers for home owners. Or at least that is what they think they are. :angel:

It was a while ago, Addie, but they might have been burial stones or something. Something the Norsemen were known to use.

It was a while ago, Addie, but they might have been burial stones or something. Something the Norsemen were known to use.

I think I will do some Googling. My curiosity has been brought forth.

The other day I was looking up information about Very Lynn. And in that was a sight all about England and the Royal family's homes. I got to see the palaces and a lot of other information. I spend the whole day looking at it and reading. :angel:

I'll say it in place of Bucky...
"Does anybody here remember Vera Lynn?"
(It's a Pink Floyd thing)

Back
Top Bottom