I just lost my job!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Texas,
I knoe something better will come your way. You can't miss with all of us in your corner ! I'm so glad your son found a better job. Good for him !
Dove:) :) :)

I'm Sorry

I'm sorry that that happened to you, good luck in finding a new job. Hope better things come your way. Also congrats to your son.

I feel your pain and share it, I lost mine in May and because a large factory closed down there are no avail jobs in area. It sucks... I hear ya.

Thanks everyone! Still no luck. I applied for unemployment though, and registered on their work program. Registered with Monster.com, Careerbuilder.com and jobs.com. Hopefully, something will come up soon.

My sister came back up here yesterday. She hasn't said one word!! She is the type that doesn't say sorry very often, but, you would think that since I'm her freakin sister, she would at least say SOMETHING!! I haven't said much to her unless she addresses me first. I'll get over it, we're not the ones that hold grudges, but, I'm hurt about it and I just don't want to talk to her for a little while.

Last edited:
I understand TG ... I'd be upset and want some distance too.

Well.. if you have to be out of work... spring is a good time for it.

pdswife said:
I understand TG ... I'd be upset and want some distance too.

Well.. if you have to be out of work... spring is a good time for it.

Yeah, now if it would stop storming everyday so that I can have nice days to look for something:LOL:

texasgirl said:
Thanks everyone! Still no luck. I applied for unemployment though, and registered on their work program. Registered with Monster.com, Careerbuilder.com and jobs.com. Hopefully, something will come up soon.

You should be fully entitled for unemployment, I am sure you will get it. Then take full advantage of it, enjoy several months of paid holiday!! I have done it before, also in Texas, I was working at a place with a seasonal employment where laid off most of the employees for 4-5 months every year. I was going to enjoy the benefit but ironically I got hired after a few weeks so it was not to be...:ermm:
And try not to stress over your sis... it is true that she could have been much more sensitive, but sometimes you encounter certain situations where you just need to shrug it off and soldier on, otherwise it will just eat you up... there are so many people around you who care (us included!!), focus on the positives and keep your smile on...I am sure things will work out for you in the end!!

Thanks ur!! I love your avatar. I haven't seen the second one, but, the first Ice Age, has become one of my favorite animated movies. I want to see Over the hedge too. Yes, I'm hijacking my own thread. LOL

I've been there, too. Hang in there, TexasGirl. It's scary and nervewracking to find yourself out of work, but it genuinely can be an opportunity to change your life. With a bit of perseverance and a little luck you'll be back to work before long.:)

Thanks Rob! It is scary. I didn't like my job, to be honest. I liked the drawings on the computer though, but the rest of it got boring. I was wanting to quit anyway, but, not until something else came along. It's hard being in limbo.

You'll find something else and much better too. $9.50 an hour is nothing, can't live on that anyway. With G-d's help you'll find something that pays a lot more. Good luck.

CharlieD said:
You'll find something else and much better too. $9.50 an hour is nothing, can't live on that anyway. With G-d's help you'll find something that pays a lot more. Good luck.

:) Thank you Charlie!!

They are suppose to call me today about the graphics job. If they don't, or i don't get the job, there is a lowly position at the municipal court not far from me.

((TG))I've been praying that your "perfect"job comes along very soon.I'm hoping this adventure brings you some interesting experiences though- there's nothing like some good laughs to help you through the rough spots!!!

Texas,
Thinking of you..Hope all works out as you wish it to.

kadesma:)

Back
Top Bottom