ISO baby names

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ishbel said:
Names in my immediate family, Ishbel, Fiona, Catriona, Morag, Maeve, Elspeth. Boys: Malcolm, Iain, Alistair, Ruaridh (Rory), Torquil, James, Stewart, William.

My sister's name is Fiona. It was a rare name in the states when she was young but it is becoming heard of more and more. I have a cousin named Alistair too, I do like that name. Iain is too much like Aidan (our 2 year old) or we would consider that too.

Hey Ishbel, where do you live in Scotland? My mom grew up in Montrose and plenty of family that still live in that area.

corazon90 said:
My husband and I are having trouble coming up with baby names. We don't seem to have one we can agree on and the names we do agree on are just okay, nothing special. We would like something original but not too out there. Here are the names we've come up with so far.

Boys
Gray
Rowan
Skye
Liam
Theron

Girls
Avery
Marisol
Aria
Aurelia
Cheyanne (IMO, yuck)

I'd appreciate any ideas you all have. We still have over 2 months but we are getting short on ideas. Thanks all!

I like Rowan. It also could be used for a girls name. For boys I am also partial to Jackson, William, Harper, Kegan and Daniel. For girls I would have to choose between Hannah, Larissa, and Bailey.

I'm not too keen on Rowan, simply because in Scottish folk lore it is the tree that one plants in the garden to keep witches from the door!

PS I've got 3 in my gardens! (You can never be TOO careful!)

I am totally unbiased :rolleyes: in this, since my grandchildren have the most beautiful names - Elizabeth Ashton, Samantha Christine, Annabelle Grace, Charles Henry (Charlie)(he calls himself Chachi, he isn't quite 2)and Owen Matthew. Their names literally roll off my tongue and I don't know why. I get the warmest feeling even thinking of them. Also my oldest grandaughter, who is like my own child, Christy Leigh. How did I miss her?????????????She is grown up - the others are still little kids.

My couisn has got daughters called Ocean, Terryannfield, Alisha and one boy called Ian. The one is named after ocean finince from the tv and the is from liverpool footbal club.

How about Ashley Lee Gilbert for a girl? Or Liam Gray Gilbert for a boy? I don't know - I was just trying out how some names sounded and "fit" together.

Bottom line is, when you see and hold your child, it will all fall into place!

Trust the process!! And the very best wishes for you and your growing family!

I'm more for the old fashioned names, but what do you think about the name Winston Charles for a boy or Ashleigh Nichole for a girl?

Came across this artcle today.

Baby Names You Should Never Use. Ever

Some things are just too cruel to inflict on anyone, especially when that someone is a sweet new baby. An archive assistant at Cornwall County Record Office in England may have done us all a great favor by revealing the odd, real-life names found in census, birth, death and marriage records dating back to the 16th century, reports The Associated Press.

Helpfully, the Cornwall County Record Office has published the list--1,000 in all. "My all-time favorites are Abraham Thunderwolff and Freke Dorothy Fluck Lane," the aforementioned archivist, Rene Jackaman, told AP. Others include the following from the Hornblower family: Horatio, Azubia, Constantia, Jecoliah, Jedidah, Jerusha and Erastus.

Here are more. Remember, they're all real names:
Boadicea Basher
Philadelphia Bunnyface
Faithful Cock
Susan Booze
Elizabeth Disco
Edward Evil
Fozzitt Bonds
Truth Bullock
Charity Chilly
Gentle Fudge
Obedience Ginger
Offspring Gurney
Levi Jeans

Imagine receiving an invitation to these weddings:
Nicholas Bone and Priscilla Skin were joined in wedlock in 1636.
Charles Swine and Jane Ham wed in 1711.
John Mutton and Ann Veale married in 1791.
Richard Dinner and Mary Cook said "I do" in 1802.

Last edited:
Mish - lol! As a medical transcriptionist we come across all the bizarro names. I'll see if I can dig up a few to post. On second thought, I don't think I can post patient names - however, the docs aren't far behind. There's a doctor here in Charleston whose name is - no lie - Strait Fairy:blink:

marmalady said:
Mish - lol! As a medical transcriptionist we come across all the bizarro names. I'll see if I can dig up a few to post. On second thought, I don't think I can post patient names - however, the docs aren't far behind. There's a doctor here in Charleston whose name is - no lie - Strait Fairy:blink:

marmalady :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Would have loved to be at Brad & Jens wedding when they married - for the announcement:

Ladies and gentlmen, here are The Pitts.

kitchenelf said:
If anyone ever wanted to know the definition of oxymoron this is it :mrgreen::ROFLMAO:

elfie, wouldn't that make his 13 yr old son "Master Fairy.":-p

Back
Top Bottom