Luck is with me

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mikki

Sous Chef
Anyone who read my venting posts knows about my speeding ticket. Well, when I sent the ticket in I also sent a letter of explanation, basically said that i was pleading guilty because even though I don't think I was going as fast as the officer said, I was speeding when I passed the truck. I just got a letter back from the court and the judge gave me the benifit of the doubt and reduced my speeding to not wearing a seat belt. I have to pay $185, but I get no points on my driving license. :clap:
So to anyone who gets a ticket sometimes it pays to explain or contest what happened. I'm just thanking that jude for reducing it and of course probably won't pass anymore.:unsure:

That is great mikki!

Any speading ticket I have ever gotten I have always fought. Every single time I either had it thrown out completely or reduced. It is worth it to fight them if you have the time to do so.

You just made my day! Need some good news no matter what. Thanks for sharing and count it as a gift y ou didn't expect. Better than Christmas well, at last birthday gift anyway. Happy for you. How justified you must feel.

That's great Mikki!

JP, I'm sure the $185 is the fine for no seat belt plus court costs. I know in Georgia I think the fine for no seat belt the first time is $25 or $35 and then goes up for each offense after that.

seat belt fines can get pretty steep here in ca. just ask my oldest granddaughter. she has had three. once seat belt was stuck on outside of car and putting out sparks from metal part. you would think she would learn. :cool:

$100 was the fine $85 is court costs, I think if the judge reduces it they can pretty much set how much you pay. At least my with no points my insurance won't go up

GB, How many speeding tickets have you had? I have had one in my life and it was so long ago, I think I paid about a $20 fine. Now, about my DH...

I do not recall. I think it was 3 or 4. They were all years ago when I was a young, stupid, reckless driver. I have changed my ways since then.

isnt a no seat belt still points in NY?

I had a Jersey trooper claim I was doing 85 when I was only doing 72. It was becuase its a black sporty car with dark tinted windows. Probably thought I was some young punk then when I rolled down the window and he saw me and my wife he was probably like ahh crap.

I would have fought it but it was only $200 and not worth the battle in NJ for alot of reasons.

Ghetto- I got to thinking about that too, so I looked it up. You only gets points for no seatbelt if it's a passenger under 16. I would think no seatbelt is no seatbelt, it's the law to wear it, so why does age make a difference?

Back
Top Bottom