Morel mushrooms. Found without even looking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

naphthalene

Assistant Cook
I walked on a path this morning and just happened to think of looking for morels even though the path was well traveled and surely would have all morels picked by now. Nope! Found a nice little patch. My first morel find ever. Probably half a pound around the base of an ash tree. pictures later when i'm not on my phone later. Wasnt even morel hunting. They were so big they were hard not to notice.

Nice for not even looking. If I had actually actively hunted them and found only this many, it would be disappointing.

quelques images.

Sorry, SD card was the only thing I could find for relative size.

Nice find !

DH loves those things. I have never had them and he says I have really missed out on a good thing.

So how do you cook them?

Nice find. I've never tried them since they're a little pricey for my wallet. I've heard you have to soak and wash them thoroughly to get all the grit out of them. I always find that amusing since regular button mushrooms become their namesake if they get too wet.

Nice find !

DH loves those things. I have never had them and he says I have really missed out on a good thing.

So how do you cook them?

A lot of people around here just dredge them with flour and fry them.

My personal favorite is cream of mushroom soup made with Morels. Probably one of the best tasting things I've ever put in my mouth. :yum:

me too, steve.

except maybe once i had morels sauteed in red wine and butter over sliced rare filet mignon.
:yum:

Back
Top Bottom