My friend died this morning.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Katie,
you gave the best gift of all..Love..Your friend is at peace now and you made him happy..How wonderful to have a friend like you..Rest easy Bob.

kadesma

I just received a phone call from my brother telling me that our friend, Bob, died early this morning. All his family was at his side. I'm even more thankful that we went to see him last Tuesday. Please keep his family in your thoughts and prayers as they lay him to rest.
{{{{{{{{{{Katie E and Bob's family}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Aww, Katie. I am so happy for you for being able to be with him in one of his last days on earth. You did yourself and him the best by spending the day with him. That is one more day you have to charish about him and know what a good thing you did for him! God bless you and his family and prayers out to all of you.

I'm sorry, Katie. I have lost several dear friends, and it's not easy. It's also difficult to see their loved ones grieving, and know that all you can do is be there for them as they go through the process.
You all are in my thoughts and prayers.

sad to lose a friend

i will be thinking about you. two summers ago i lost a good friend. she was only forty and had a massive heart attack in the shower. she was coming to see me in just three days. i still miss her.

i planted a star jasmine bush in my yard in her honor. perphaps u could do that in his memory. it gives me comfort everytime i see it.

when it is blooming the smell is just wonderful and i think of my dear friend joan.

babe:):)

Last edited:
What a wonderfully supportive community this is! I have read about your plight when you discovered that your friend was ill, and followed the wellspring of compassion and support that your online friends have provided. This is truly a unique fellowship of kind people. I am also very sorry for your loss, Katie, and I'm sure you are grateful for the many people here who care for you.

What a wonderfully supportive community this is! I have read about your plight when you discovered that your friend was ill, and followed the wellspring of compassion and support that your online friends have provided. This is truly a unique fellowship of kind people. I am also very sorry for your loss, Katie, and I'm sure you are grateful for the many people here who care for you.

Yes, Karen. This is a very supportive community. I've asked for help/support in the past and have been showered with support beyond description.

I'm so grateful for everyone's loving comments and support. I've been alternating between being "strong" and crying all day since I heard the news. 54 years of history is a long time and it's very difficult to put to rest.

Those of us who lived on the "hill" have such a rich history. The rest of us - me, Kevin (my brother), Bob's younger brother, Jeff, and the rest of our "hill" family, Gina, Mike, Johnny, are still left. Mike, Gina and I are almost exactly the same age to the day, so when one of us checks out it will be tough. We're a great big family. We've experienced a lot together.

Katie; you know my thoughts about death from posts in other threads. Death is inevitable for all of us, and is just a part of life. We miss those who pass from mortality before us. We wish there never had to be a seperation. But that freindship you shared with him will go on, now and after you pass from mortality too. He will be waiting for you, with open arms and a big smile, welcoming you. And I'm glad you were able to see him, and share past experiences and joys.

I will pray for his family, and for you. We all need extra help during times of such great loss as this.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Echoing others, I'm so glad you were able to visit Bob one more time. The passing of a loved one is never easy or painless, but may you feel comforted, knowing that he had your warm, loving friendship, even to the last days. Hugs to you.

I too echo all that has been said Katie especially Goodweed's thoughts. You may miss him but you havn't lost him. You have those wonderful memories of so much love and laughter shared. " Say not in sadness that he is no more but in gladness that he was."

Back
Top Bottom