My son Jymm 9/3/81-10/7/99

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh Vicki, my eyes are blurred from the tears that fall for you!! After my son was stabbed, that was only a small piece of the misery that I know you went through, and still do. I wish you peace and happiness and hope that the memories of your son will bring you joy of having such a wonderful and hansome son, even for a short time. I can't come close to imagining what you have gone through, just know that I'll be thinking of you this weekend.

Loys of cyber (((((((hugs)))))) to you and your family Vicki, you will be in my thoughts this weekend.....take care.

Lyn

Vicki,
As one bereaved mom to another, I am standing right beside you, ready to offer anything you might need. My beloved son's birthday is coming up, too. You & your Jymm will be in my thoughts - especially on Sunday - one of the best days of your life back in '81 - I know!
Hugs,
Corinne

urmaniac13 said:
This is a song just for you, Jymm, and the special memories... I hope you like it.

(I am not a country type of gal, but believe me this is one of the most beautifully written songs I have ever heard, it touches my heart deeply every time I hear it.)

(((Vicki))) Smile looking up the sky... I am sure he will return a smile looking over you:)

Thank you-I cried buckets of tears listening to the lyrics of that song-it brought back sooo many memories of Jymm and I "dancing" through his years here-from newborn to when I was teaching him to dance for his 6th grade dance to when HE and his cousin were teaching me the electric slide-to the holding myself and swaying back and forth sobbing the days immediately after his death-none of this was bad- it was and is all very cleansing-I just wish with all my heart that the music NEVER had to end....

Thank you all for your comforting words,kind thoughts and prayers-there is no rhyme or reason to why life sets us on some rocky roads sometimes but, I thank you ALL for being here for me and comforting me and supporting me over this tough spot.It makes it a little more bearable.Love and energy,Vicki

Vicki, life for us all is far more brief than we want to admit. Jymm passed with all his youthful hopes and dreams intact. What a beautiful gift awaits you. With Christian thoughts and prayers for you and your family - Jesus, I pray, move closer to Jymm's family and spirit their love to him always and provide them extra comfort and understanding with your love. In Your Holy Name I ask it, amen.

rdcast said:
"when two believers agree, it will be done"

Thanks Ellen for agreeing with me. That's what was needed.​
Thank you both (rdcast and Ellen).I still and always will believe there is no stronger power or bond than love.LOVE and energy, Vicki

Love, for me and from all that I know is the only energy that survives and is the substance that allows us to rise above death. All else is vanity(Satan). Hate, like all else on earth and is vanity, doesn't survive but Love saves us from ourselves and the forces of vanity. Do you, at times, have the need to tell others, anyone, everyone that you love them ? I do. In Jesus, we love you VickiQ

Vicki, click on the song at the bottom of my signature. I think you might like it on this most melancholy day for you.

Happy Birthday, Jymm... you will be always remembered by your beloved family, and all the extended family here on DC, with overflowing love and energy!!:heart: :heart: :flowers:

This is the best song. I got the CD from Compassionate Friends. If you want, I will try to get a copy to you for downloading. The author/singer is fine with sharing - she's just happy that it means so much to so many people.

PRECIOUS CHILD

In my dreams
You are alive and well
Precious child, precious child

In my mind
I see you clear as a bell

In my soul there is a hole
That can never be filled
But in my heart there is hope
Cause you are with me still

Chorus:
In my heart, you live on
Always there, never gone
Precious child, you left too soon
And tho' it may be true that we're apart
You will live forever...in my heart

In my plans
I was the first to leave

But in this world
I was left here to grieve
Precious child, my precious child

In my soul there is a hole
That can never be filled
But in my heart there is hope
And you are with me still

(Chorus)

God knows I want to hold you, see you, touch you
And maybe there's a heaven and someday I will again
Please know you're not forgotten until then

(Chorus)

middie said:
Ditto what Michael said, only my dad's birthday is/was October 2nd.

I know what you mean by is/was, but you have to remember that was his birthday, and you too Vicki. Dont dismiss someones birthday because they have passed. I know Middie that this is the first birthday without your dad, it's hard. And for Vicki, I wish you peace for tomorrow. May god bless you and your family vicki.

vicki (and corrinne, michael, and middie), i've avoided this post because it tears my heart in two just reading of your pain. i wish i could do something to ease it. i'm not one for dwelling on sad times, but your grief goes far beyond that.

i firmly believe there is no heaven or he11 (those are the creations of mankind to get you to donate on sundays...or saturdays, oy!), but our life energy goes back to becoming one with everyone else. god isn't a seperate being, but all of us put back together.

you (and me whether you like it or not...:) ) will be back with our loved ones, and each other when our time comes, no matter what any church or belief system says.

for the meantime, live your life appreciating every day as i know you already do, and everyone in it, past and present. rejoice knowing those that have passed are more than ok, and share all of your joys and sorrows as if they were still stuck here.

with my deepest sympathy, and tears to boot, "god" bless and all my love and energy to you.

Last edited:
Vicki, Corinne, Middie, Michael, anyone else here who has lost a loved one..Remember,your love has made you a person that your loved one would be proud of or I should say IS proud of..You are all very special in your own way..My thoughts have been with you today..My family and I after some of the excitement here died down lit candles and said a family prayer for all of you..Wishing you Peace..

kadesma

Thinking of you Vicki, you can always feel free to post pictures or talk about your son here, just because someone isn't physically with us doesn't mean they aren't still an important part of who we are. I love talking about my mum to my children so they can learn to know her even though she is gone.
Your son looked so handsome, you must be proud to be his mother.

Back
Top Bottom