Needle in a Haystack... I wish.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Raven

Sous Chef
What's worse than looking for a needle in a haystack?

Looking for it in the trash can.

I picked up a pair of scissors that, unbeknownst to me, had a slight magnetic charge. As a result I flipped one of my large eyed tapestry needles right into a full waste basket.

I'm not about to go diving for it, especially since my wife emptied her ash tray into that bin last night, so I'll just thank God that I could only buy them in packages of 12.

God Bless
~ Raven ~

KAYLINDA said:
Hey Raven...I bet you don't change baby diapers either? LOL

LOL! I can change both cloth diapers and Pampers with my eyes closed (and even do it correctly so the boy's don't hit you in the face :mrgreen:).

All told, I have: 1 Daughter, 6 neices, 5 nephews, 1 great-neice and as of a week ago Friday 1 great-nephew. All of which (except for the new arrival) I have sat with at some time other and all of which have provided copious quantities of soiled skivvies. :mrgreen: It turns out your not supposed to feed them Chili (oops my bad! Just Kidding!! :-p).

We had gone home (a tiny little town that makes Mayberry look like New York) for Homecoming at the local Baptist church. The place was packed and after the services everyone had gone back to the classrooms and cafeteria for the big pot-luck.

My neice (who was only 8 months old and couldn't walk yet but covered that church from one end to another in record time) needed a new diaper and I could not find a place that wasn't just crowded to change her, so I took her in the chapel and laid her down on the back pew.

There were several older patrons standing at the front of the church talking quiety when I proceeded to remove the tabs. Remember Pampers in 1980? No "peel and peek" tabs back then, and you know how acoustics are in a chapel. When I ripped them off it sounded like I had just removed a section of plaster from the wall.

I then proceeded to ball up the old diaper, wipe her down, stick a new diaper under her butt, apply powder, remove the paper from the tabs... slap, slap and your done. I put everything back in the diaper bag and looked up to find that I now had an audience. These folks from the front of the church are not in the middle of the church watching me LOL!

~ Raven ~

If you have a really strong magnet, you could try scanning the spread-out trash with the magnet and try catching it that way.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom