Old Venting Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sometimes you have to disable then enable the toolbar so it shows up again, otherwise just re-install it.
Funny thing is it works on Gmail, Facebook and several other ad hoc sites but not on DC or EatingWA but used to on all of them! And the toolbar has no buttons just this strip of icons appear on the screen not where the toolbars are. Norton is not my favourite but seems to be okay otherwise.

We went to Taco Bell last night. James passed the food out as he got it out of the bag. Somehow James ended up eating my Taco Supreme (with added guacamole) and I ended up with his plain old taco. I don't care much for their plain tacos. To make matters worse, Cubbie (the dog, for Pete's sake) ended up with my Burrito Supreme (also with added guacamole) and all that was left was Cubbie's beef burrito (no onions). Okay, yes, our dog is disgustingly spoiled, but I was very miffed that James and Cubbie got my food and I got no guacamole!!!:mad::wacko::LOL: James said that from now on I have to take my food out of the bag first!!!

:)Barbara

Barbara, this has happen to us before - :mad:, Question - how can one eat another sandwich or taco and not know it ???? Especially if it is different than what -They ordered !!! I was miffed too !!

it happens at my house and it's quickly returned because I love hot and spicy with jalapenos...one bite and it's quickly handed back.....if restaurants stocked up on habaneros it would be so much fun to watch the thieves' faces

Barbara, this has happen to us before - :mad:, Question - how can one eat another sandwich or taco and not know it ???? Especially if it is different than what -They ordered !!! I was miffed too !!
I think to James a taco is a taco. He actually usually also gets Taco Supremes, so I'm sure he didn't think twice about it. But, understanding it doesn't help my taste-buds any! LOL

:)Barbara

How the hech does a 15 yr old inhale a nickel??? You mean this doesn't end???

Thanks for the well wishes, I hope you are feeling better this week.

I warned you......wait until Lego lassie is 12 --15 you will wished your worst problem was a Lego up the nose and my daughter was great comparatively---it's I just turned suddently stupid and embarrassing to be around:LOL: Only at age 22 am I suddenly getting smart again........

someone used to eat my food in my office, so one time i made a habanero paste/vinegar, and i hid it in a sandwich. you can't be too obvious or thieves won't go for it.
all i know is the sandwich was gone the next day. he or she was either a chilli head, or was in so much pain they tossed it. :devilish:

we had terrible thieves in our dorm........people learned not to put food in the fridge and being poor college students that was a hardship.....one diabolical student known as "Kicker Pam" (this is Texas by the way and would walk into the dorm and loudly announce "Howdy d......it!!!" Anyway this girl got tired of it and decided to "fix" the rustlers on the range...she went home for the weekend and brought back homemade brownies and placed them in the fridge.......she put a note on them "to please not touch" well, that was incentive enough.......the next day 3 girls went to the school's quack shack with terrible stomach cramps and diarrhea........Kicker Pam's brownies had been sweetened with a box of exlax............it was too funny........her reputation really went up after that :):)

Well then, many times I'll not finish some fried chicken, half a pastrami sandwich whatever, especially pizza and will bring it home..DH finishes all he orders plus dessert..We get home, the next day I go to get my left overs, and low and behold an empty container...the response is , Oh you wanted that?
Have you ever seen smoke come out someones ears? I've even taken to putting a note asking that the food not be eaten...same story, oh you wanted that..Well I can live with that I'm an adult, but I got the babies some of those sugar cones with vanilla ice cream and a chocolate topping..Got dh a large container of strawberry..all set last sunday, guess what no strawberry it was all gone and so were the ice cream cones that i put a note on saying please not to eat the cones are for the kids...Arghhhhhhhhhh
kadesma

maybe you're going to have to hide the nonperishables and put the perishables in the back of the fridge in disquised containers--good luck
That won't work here..DH has become the food police..He checks the frig and the freezer every day!!! He is constantly asking when are ya gonna cook this that or the other and now has it in his head that food in the freezer more than 2 days will go bad..So any container,can, pot and baggie is checked out and we now take it upon ourselves to toss it if we don't feel like eating it!!!
Around here it's snooze and ya loose..
kadesma

I haven't seen ungratefulness like this in a long time (and kids are naturally exempt). Seems like a couple moved here and the guy works for my husband. I took his wife everywhere and treated her to lunch, showed her shops, grocery stores, salons, etc, emailed her a list of things to bring, the whole welcome wagon shebang. Normally the company does that but it's a pretty hurried affair. She seemed to have had a good impression and had to go home and pack up a shipment and the dog. Well several weeks go by and my DH and I are in London and we run into her hubby. "Oh, when is your wife coming to K.? Oh, she's been in K. for 2 weeks but she's not a happy camper as she's had scarring complications. Feeling for her and knowing that she had been alone in a new country I asked if she would like to attend our monthly women's coffee (this is where you meet with everyone and learn of upcoming events, new places to go, etc......Oh, please do she'd really like that and it might be good for her to get out.......Ok, so I arranged for her to go, privately asked several to make sure that she wasn't left standing by herself, introduced her to all etc., one lady gave her the names & numbers of 2 people from her own home country who speak English as well as their own language. I also gave her a brand new book about K. that was fascinating and an easy read but did tell her that I had people standing in line to read it and could I have it back soon. After the coffee I asked her how she liked the coffee and the people and she informs "Well, I really don't care for coffees". absolutely no thanks whatsoever.....I was flabbergasted. She and her hubby were leaving a few days later to go back to her home country for a short visit. Imagine my shock and surprise when 6 weeks later at a going away for another couple I see her! I asked her when she got back in and she informs me that they NEVER left due to the snow!!! Now I was outraged!!! Here she never had left, no phone calls, and no book. My DH had to buy another one for me because I was giving it as a gift and the friend was leaving soon and I still hadn't gotten my other copy back......I just assumed that something related to her surgery had come up.......seething I asked her if she had talked to her 2 countrymen.......well, I get this disgusted " they were going to meet but one of them had something come up at the last minute........" Well, then did you call them back to reschedule?" I get this stupid cow look, "Well, no, I didn't" So have you met anyone in the last 6 weeks? "No" and I asked her what she did to pass the time and she replied that she quilted and took care of her dog. To make sure that she wasn't depressed or anything I asked her if she was happy with that. And she said "yes". Then I bowed out of this movie........oh, I forgot to add that after 6 weeks I finally got the book back and was informed that she never had read it----too busy......sorry to post a long vent but some people never cease to amaze me at their lack of interpersonal skills......and it's not cultural as they have been expats all their lives and she's very well educated........ok, rant's over!!!

That won't work here..DH has become the food police..He checks the frig and the freezer every day!!! He is constantly asking when are ya gonna cook this that or the other and now has it in his head that food in the freezer more than 2 days will go bad..So any container,can, pot and baggie is checked out and we now take it upon ourselves to toss it if we don't feel like eating it!!!
Around here it's snooze and ya loose..
kadesma

He's determined isn't he??;)

I haven't seen ungratefulness like this in a long time (and kids are naturally exempt). Seems like a couple moved here and the guy works for my husband. I took his wife everywhere and treated her to lunch, showed her shops, grocery stores, salons, etc, emailed her a list of things to bring, the whole welcome wagon shebang. Normally the company does that but it's a pretty hurried affair. She seemed to have had a good impression and had to go home and pack up a shipment and the dog. Well several weeks go by and my DH and I are in London and we run into her hubby. "Oh, when is your wife coming to K.? Oh, she's been in K. for 2 weeks but she's not a happy camper as she's had scarring complications. Feeling for her and knowing that she had been alone in a new country I asked if she would like to attend our monthly women's coffee (this is where you meet with everyone and learn of upcoming events, new places to go, etc......Oh, please do she'd really like that and it might be good for her to get out.......Ok, so I arranged for her to go, privately asked several to make sure that she wasn't left standing by herself, introduced her to all etc., one lady gave her the names & numbers of 2 people from her own home country who speak English as well as their own language. I also gave her a brand new book about K. that was fascinating and an easy read but did tell her that I had people standing in line to read it and could I have it back soon. After the coffee I asked her how she liked the coffee and the people and she informs "Well, I really don't care for coffees". absolutely no thanks whatsoever.....I was flabbergasted. She and her hubby were leaving a few days later to go back to her home country for a short visit. Imagine my shock and surprise when 6 weeks later at a going away for another couple I see her! I asked her when she got back in and she informs me that they NEVER left due to the snow!!! Now I was outraged!!! Here she never had left, no phone calls, and no book. My DH had to buy another one for me because I was giving it as a gift and the friend was leaving soon and I still hadn't gotten my other copy back......I just assumed that something related to her surgery had come up.......seething I asked her if she had talked to her 2 countrymen.......well, I get this disgusted " they were going to meet but one of them had something come up at the last minute........" Well, then did you call them back to reschedule?" I get this stupid cow look, "Well, no, I didn't" So have you met anyone in the last 6 weeks? "No" and I asked her what she did to pass the time and she replied that she quilted and took care of her dog. To make sure that she wasn't depressed or anything I asked her if she was happy with that. And she said "yes". Then I bowed out of this movie........oh, I forgot to add that after 6 weeks I finally got the book back and was informed that she never had read it----too busy......sorry to post a long vent but some people never cease to amaze me at their lack of interpersonal skills......and it's not cultural as they have been expats all their lives and she's very well educated........ok, rant's over!!!
Good lord, educated..Okay, i'll buy that, common sense and decency ..NONE..A good one to stay away from..Silly fool!!! YES
kadesma

Don't worry, kadesma, the next time I see her a function she will get a polite wave and she'll have to come to me to initiate the conversation.........Ann Landers (the advice columnist) always had smart advice for stuff like this.......she said "if you act like a carpet, then people are going to wipe their shoes on you--they don't do it without your permission" well, my welcome mat has been rolled up and put away for her......oh, as an added bonus at the going away where 30 people were invited at a very nice restaurant her husband proceeded to smoke the most foul cigar all throughout dinner.......even the K's and Russians who smoke were complaining and he could not have but noticed........he was as insensitive as she was

I really don't understand the dynamics between them...........I informed my husband that I wasn't lifting another finger on their behalf and to be scouting out possible new hires because I don't think that anyone is going to give them the time of day after that horrible evening though he's a lot nicer and politer than her.........DH is doubtful, too, that they will last.........the resentment was touchable..........

It is sad that they are not looking to others. I would think that community is really important amongst expats. If hard times come, there will be no one local to support them, which is a shame. It is great that you are so welcoming and ready to help them settle, but if they don't want, youy are right in not persisting - it sounds to me that they are self sufficient to themselves and not willing to interetsed in what is around them.

My vent now. I was at the supermarket and the woman behind me had what passed for a beef joint, but it was so sad, it had not been butchered sympathetically, did not look nice, had no external fat and very little marbling - iut was basically a lump of unformed meat (not hung much either). I felt so sad that the supermarket butcher could let something like that out, and for the woman that she did not know any better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom