Old Venting Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
texasgirl, i am so sorry to hear your story but unfortunately i can relate. maybe it is the texas man gene today :wacko: - you are not alone girlfriend. i am sorry your heart is breaking, i know your pain.:( sometimes time heals things and i am hoping that will be the case with you. maybe your hubby had a bad day and took it out on you and your son. i hope things look up for you today. i wish there was something i could do or say to make you feel better, don't cry, it makes your eyes puffy (i look like a marshmallow this morning). pm me if you want, i wll be here for you girlfriend. 21 years is a long time, good and bad times both. you are a beautiful woman, mother and wife - inside and out - don't you ever forget it!

texasgirl, I'm so sorry you had a tough day. Sometimes you just want to give them a piece of your mind don't you? Hugs to you. I know you said you don't want to think about your anniversary, but WOW, 21 years is a HUGE accomplishment. Even if he is being a moron right now give him a kiss, you wouldn't have stayed for 21 years if there weren't some redeeming features in there somewhere.

(PS, take your son's AXE and toss it! Those stupid commercials are to blame for that overspraying!)

Alix said:
texasgirl, I'm so sorry you had a tough day. Sometimes you just want to give them a piece of your mind don't you? Hugs to you. I know you said you don't want to think about your anniversary, but WOW, 21 years is a HUGE accomplishment. Even if he is being a moron right now give him a kiss, you wouldn't have stayed for 21 years if there weren't some redeeming features in there somewhere.

(PS, take your son's AXE and toss it! Those stupid commercials are to blame for that overspraying!)

I would, but, he's 20 years old.:mrgreen: He came back home to save some money and get back on his feet.
I gave him a choice on that one this morning, so, that should be okay now, I hope. He just has to leave it in the car and spray it then.

GOOD! Why on earth do guys think if a little is good then a LOT is great. PEEEYEW!

Happy Anniversary Texasgirl. You have made a milestone many will never reach.

PS, my sister says the first 20 years are the toughest, maybe your hubby was just sending them out with a bang.

Ooooh, Poor Texas... (((Hugs...))) Maybe your hubby had a real rotten day at work himself and at times like that one can be in a mood that it takes a slightest push to just jump over the edge... and I am pretty sure after all that your son learned some valuable lessons.
I hope the clouds lift and you two will have a lovely anniversary!! Alix is right, your marriage is based on such a solid foundation, don't let anything spoil a special day!!

:flowers: Hoping you feel better... hubby is being mean! I hope it all gets straighten out and you don't cry any more... Feelings are fragile, and some people just don't realize it... but maybe hubby should take anger mangement or something...I can understand getting upset because your son was defient but all that yelling and cursing,is gonna give your hubby a cornary, really!
best wishes Texasgirl :)

TG, I'm so sorry you had such a time. I don't understand why it seems so easy for some to fly off the handle sometime and make everyone miserable. I hope things are straightened out today and you are feeling much better. We all have problems at times and eventually get over them - so we can have more. Take care of yourself today and do something nice just for YOU!

My husband just invited practically the entire neighborhood over for dinner tonight!!!We are just two people, I shop for two people. Now I have to feed at least 10 people. What am I supossed to make? It's 12:30, dinner is at 6pm, I live 45 minutes from the nearest grocery store, 2 kids, I haven't showered, the house is a disaster zone! And the one thing I suggested to him, a ham from Costco that would be so easy to make and would feed a lot of people, he doesnt want!!! He wants "baked pasta and a huge salad." Do you realize how much work that is?!:censored: :furious: :devilish: :angry:
Now that I've vented and taken some deep breaths, I'm off...
so much for my italian alps feast tonight too! that will have to wait until tomorrow.

You deserve to VENT!!!

So vent away!

I'm sure you'll pull everything off perfectly though!!

MAKE HIM HELP!!!

Vent away Cora, I'd be so irate, I'd be yelling for a week...Nice of DH to be so gracious to the neighbors, now he needs to step up and help you...Try to relax, your Italian Alps dinner will hold..Wish I was close enough to help you, even just going to the sotre for you...Hope all works out.

kadesma

Thanks pds and kadesma. Lucky for me, dinner was postponed until next weekend. I was rushing around and almost rushing out the door too, when dh realized it was probably too much work to pull it off today. And dh help, it would be a world of help if he just took the kids without me having to ask but that never happens.
He gets to wiggle his way out of any help today anyway. The reason dh invited all the people over is because dh rented an excavator to dig up tree stumps on our property and we have all these nice people helping do it. So, dh is outside "working," really just standing around talking while the 15 year old does all the work.
I guess I'm still a little bitter about the whole thing. My 1 1/2 hours of kid free time for a class was canceled for the second week in a row. Last week the teacher was sick and I don't know why it was canceled today. All I know is dh has only been home 2 whole days this week and I'm starting to go a little stir crazy.

He better be darned glad that he postponed!!!
Some guys can be such inconsiderate jerks sometimes!!
At least you have forwarning now. You can calm down and take your time.

I think if it were me, I'd say "lucky for him it was postponed". Dh used to invite people without asking me first, but he got the message when I started saying every time that it wasn't a good time. He started asking me before he asked them after that. The only thing, now he never asks anyone. I mention having someone over, he just says ok, or says nothing, then he acts like the "belle of the ball" and has more fun than anyone.

OK, me again. Don't you just hate it when kids make you follow through on a threat? My youngest was just invited to go to the community pool and swim with a friend. I said sure, but you CALL ME the minute you get to your friends house so I know you are safe. If you DON'T call me you will be coming right home.

Sigh. You can guess what happened.

I should mention that this particular friends Mom doesn't have a cell phone so I actually had to GO TO THE POOL and get her. I have totally humiliated her in front of her best friend and that whole crew of people, and I feel badly for her but honestly, what else could I have done? If I backed down she would think she could walk all over me forever AND I would look like a liar for not doing what I said I would do.

CRAP! I feel so mean.

Sometimes we have to appear mean to show them we really do love them and care about where they are and what they are doing.
You did the right thing. (I'm sure your daughter won't agree with me, but she will later on in life when she is raising her own children)

Thanks RMS. I know that in my head (or I would have wimped out like I wanted to) but my heart is breaking for my little sweetie.

She will live!! Tomorrow, when she sees her friends again. They will all get on the subject of how their parents embarrased them. Believe me, she will feel better and probably tell you about some of the other stories before long.

I know she will. Her friends will have big eyes and tell her how MEAN her mom is. And somewhere inside her she will secretly be pleased that I care enough to do what I did.

OK, so hurry up tomorrow and get here. Cuz right now I feel like the Grinch.

Texasgirl and Debbie, you both brought tears to my eyes. I am not even going there in my head with my babies. They are flat out NOT allowed to grow up dang it!

You did good Alix!

I know it hurt both of you today.. but in the long run... it was the right thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom