Old Venting Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know this is a petty vent, but, ARGH, dh is ticking me off!!! All day, everyday, he is calling me. He doesn't seem to care that everytime he calls, I go running for the phone hoping it about a job and NO, it's just him, every freaking time!!!!! ARGH!!!

Stacy,
I know how that feels.It's frustrating and you feel like they are calling just to tick you off... Talk it over with him, I bet he doesn't even realize he is annoying you.
kades

Stacy,
I know how that feels.It's frustrating and you feel like they are calling just to tick you off... Talk it over with him, I bet he doesn't even realize he is annoying you.
kades

I tried, didn't work with him, he just got hateful about it and continues to do it. He doesn't care. He's bored at his office and wants to talk, so, he calls me.:wacko:

I tried, didn't work with him, he just got hateful about it and continues to do it. He doesn't care. He's bored at his office and wants to talk, so, he calls me.:wacko:
Then you pull one of my tricks..Gee I was outside and didn't hear the phone ring..Sorry I was washing my hair, sorry I was fixing something for your dinner...Or just flat out do NOT answer the fool thing...
I wonder what he'd say if you started calling him at the office? Hummmmm
kadesma;)

I know this is a petty vent, but, ARGH, dh is ticking me off!!! All day, everyday, he is calling me. He doesn't seem to care that everytime he calls, I go running for the phone hoping it about a job and NO, it's just him, every freaking time!!!!! ARGH!!!

My dh used to do the same thing to me. I hated it. I used to go visit my grandmother on Saturday afternoons and he knew that. Every single time he would call me for something stupid. It got to the point any time I went somewhere and he called the people I was visiting wondered if I did something to make him not trust me, like I was out cheating on him. This was before cell phones. lol Now when he goes out it seems like every ten minutes he is calling for something that I know could wait til he gets home. It drives me nuts! I feel your pain......

Barb

DW always seems to phone when I'm in the middle of something, usually cooking or serving up. Then she wants to talk for ages. I do get impatient.

I count my lucky stars that my husband calls me five or six times a day. I love it. Sometimes he calls me before his car reaches the bottom of the driveway..just to say I love you or just to talk. Yeah, sometimes I'm busy but hey, he's my best friend and I'd rather talk to him than any one else. I'm glad he calls.

and I'm not attacking you... I'm voicing my opinion... I thought that I was able to do that here... and if I want to say I love my husband
and I love talking to him I will.

I'll shout it from the roof tops just as loud as you complain about yours calling you when you want it to be someone else...I'm so sorry that that bothers you.

Okay, first: lifesaver ..... what?

Second: texasgirl ... I'm with you. I can't think of ANYONE, living or dead, who I would want to call me 5 or 6 times, no matter how much I love them. It would make me absolutely nuts! (Well, maybe Robert Redford, if he kept it really short.)

Third: pdswife ... I envy your feeling that way.

Lee

MY friends,
Both of you have valid reasons here.
Trish you adore Paul and he you and your love shines for all of us giving us something to work towards.
Stacy, I know you love Michael and at any other time you would welcome a call or two from him a day..But right now your a wreck waiting for that one special phone call and when the phone rings and it's not that special one you get up tight. I would too.
I think we need to cool off and realize one was venting and the other trying to make you realize how she loves her calls and wants that happiness for you too. I can see both sides here and would like to see an I'm sorry and a that's okay I understand..You both are special to me and many others here..Please don't feel one is right the other wrong that is NOT what this thread is for..It's for friends to be able to cry,vent and know that others care and will back us no matter what.
kadesma

Last edited:
My friends and I have agreements. I'm, more or less, a morning person. I NEVER call any of my nightowl friends before 11 a.m., and I usually wait until afternoon. THEY, on the other hand, know that I go to bed at around 9 p.m., so don't call me after that. I don't go to sleep then, I lie there with a good book. But it is ME time. Even my husband doesn't bother me for that hour or two. Many, if not most, of my friends are widows. They have a tendency to eat when and what they want. But they respect my marriage, and a part of it is that we eat dinner together most days. So they respect the dinner hour. Other than that, I'm pretty open to phone calls.

The one thing I always say to my friends, neighbors, and relatives is that the world would be a terribly boring place if everyone was just like me. Honor and enjoy our differences.

My husband called me all the time, until his family started making fun of him. Still calls me a lot, which I wish he never called, but that's a whole different story.

True story as told by a friend's husband..........wife is watching Oprah one afternoon, ironing and the discussion was about women's mammary endowments and were they perceived as merely functional or fantasy wonderland.......well, now my friend is a deep thinker (and Oprah does stimulate important issues) and felt that there was only one expert who could really answer her question and that was her husband..........so she calls him at work, "Darling, I've been wondering do you perceive them as functional or...........?" There is this long pause as Mark is frantically trying to turn off the speaker phone.......apparently being the finance manager he happened in the middle of a meeting with his staff of 20.........his staff (all men, I might add) are looking everywhere in the room except at him and trying not to laugh.......to this day as soon as Joan calls, the speaker phone is snapped off..........in case you didn't guess they are one of our favorite couples to hang with :)

:) DH also calls me all day long about trivial stuff of course I'm in the middle of something sometimes he drives me crazy. I just tell him " lets talk about it when you get home" I have another major vent I will post separately.

True story as told by a friend's husband..........wife is watching Oprah one afternoon, ironing and the discussion was about women's mammary endowments and were they perceived as merely functional or fantasy wonderland.......well, now my friend is a deep thinker (and Oprah does stimulate important issues) and felt that there was only one expert who could really answer her question and that was her husband..........so she calls him at work, "Darling, I've been wondering do you perceive them as functional or...........?" There is this long pause as Mark is frantically trying to turn off the speaker phone.......apparently being the finance manager he happened in the middle of a meeting with his staff of 20.........his staff (all men, I might add) are looking everywhere in the room except at him and trying not to laugh.......to this day as soon as Joan calls, the speaker phone is snapped off..........in case you didn't guess they are one of our favorite couples to hang with :)
Oh my gosh, that is hilarious!!!

My vent is about my own stupidity. I just got one of those Garlic Pros (really like it) and was getting ready to wash it. If I had seen someone else doing what I did, I would have yelled at them, "Stop!" But, not having that person behind me yelling, "Stop!" I did not stop. I saw a piece of garlic stuck to the blade, put my finger in there, and quickly slid the piece of garlic out. Let's just say that I didn't have to poke my finger to check my blood sugar. Thankfully, I didn't cut it too bad. The problem is, it is right on the pad of my right index finger (aka the j, h, y, u, n, m, 6, and 7 typing finger!). Dumb, dumb, dumb.

:)Barbara

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom