Old Venting Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
stupid clients

It's late Sunday afternoon and I am waiting on email for files to be edited for a proposal that is due at noon tomorrow. I probably won't get the last - and longest - file until after dinner some time.

The client announced this proposal on Tuesday - I got asked to get involved on Thursday - and there was a client/contractor meeting yesterday to clarify what they wanted this Monday. Mad scrambling by all involved - and now instead of cooling out in Sunday night in advance of another work week I will likely be up late tonight reading more marketing BS that really can't be fixed by 6 a.m. tomorrow.

Whoever invented proposals should be shot.

I'm so angry..Each month we go to the dialysis center to chek different things and talk with our doctor..Last night DH gets on the net again and looks up a med I take by injection every 2 weeks. It's used to keep my hemoglobin up..But, it is very dangerous if given when hemoglobin is over a certain point which mine has been the last 3 times we've gone..Guess what? They gave me the injections anyway..I could have had a heart attach of a stroke... Plus I got to looking at my chart, they are not charting my meds right, have left out many things needed to correctly diagnos my dialysis amounts right. I've been lucky so far..And this is going to stop..DH, jumped the doc and he is changing things for me, plus I now am taking a journal with me and charting for myself..This way we have a reference to check into..But I just cannot get past the anger and rage at them dimissing me and treating me like a lab rat..Like I don't count and if something happens there will be another person for them to expierment on..I know get over it already, but I've got to do some heavy thinking..I refuse to start over again with another center..It would be the same old thing with a billion question I'm sick of answering..So this center is gonna get a work up. Thanks for letting me vent, it helps clear my head and eases the anger.
kadesma

And the US is supposed to have "the best health care in the world?" How does this happen? Why aren't people more careful, if only to avoid a malpractice suit if not to maintain their own professionalism and compassion? I am stymied, but I know that your experience is not unique. I am so sorry that you have to tolerate this, and so glad that you are equal to the task of taking care of yourself.

And the US is supposed to have "the best health care in the world?" How does this happen? Why aren't people more careful, if only to avoid a malpractice suit if not to maintain their own professionalism and compassion? I am stymied, but I know that your experience is not unique. I am so sorry that you have to tolerate this, and so glad that you are equal to the task of taking care of yourself.
Karen,
I've had to live through losing my brother in law, my mom, my dad..the parade of doctors through my mom's room made me dizzy and each one of them told me she had something different!!! Then thanks to a know it all nurse who refused to listen, mom gave up when they made jello out of her beloved coffee...What to do..I couldn't do a thing they were right I was crazy...sooo now I'm without parents.
MY DH cannot understand why i don't trust any of them...need I say more? So even tho people think he is a saint for putting up with a grump..I'll be that grump someone has to look out for ME!!
kadesma

I am so cranky today. Just ticked off. I generally do not let what people say online bug me and I can just dismiss it as something said by someone who doesn't know me or what I have been (and am going) thru. But today I guess I couldn't keep that attitude. So I spouted off at someone here, and now I'm mad at them for their attitude towards something I said and myself for not just letting it go. I see myself apologizing in my future. But...I'm not ready yet. That ticks me off too. Thanks.

I am so cranky today. Just ticked off. I generally do not let what people say online bug me and I can just dismiss it as something said by someone who doesn't know me or what I have been (and am going) thru. But today I guess I couldn't keep that attitude. So I spouted off at someone here, and now I'm mad at them for their attitude towards something I said and myself for not just letting it go. I see myself apologizing in my future. But...I'm not ready yet. That ticks me off too. Thanks.
Katy,we all come to that place sometimes. I know I have...But I've learned, to not let one unthoughtful remark put me in overdrive. Life is beautiful and we don't need grief. When someone is rude to me I usually walk away after giving what my kids call Ma's look..here that is rather hard to do..But if you can let if go that makes you a better person and builds strength...There is always a PM asking them to please not speak to you that way or hit ignore and then find something you love look at it and smile, I know look in the closest mirror and let the beautiful face found there smile back at you..Be the kind lovin person your family knows and loves that will win karma points for you every time.
kadesma

Well...

I just apologized and boy, do I feel better. I went back and read the posts that upset me so much, and I think I was just in a bad place. Not an excuse, but a reason, anyway. I knew I would feel better once I got a little distance, and I do. Thanks so much to everyone for all your support. I'm back in my "happy place".

Katy

Sorry you had a not so good morning Katy..I know what you mean though.Just keep plugging along with the rest of us. :) maybe the other person wasn't having a good day either.So I tell myself at times here.

Got to admit though I did check to see if I had ANY pm's..Now I'm going to vent that I didn't even get so much as a token spam...LOL!!!!!

Munky.

Got to admit though I did check to see if I had ANY pm's..Now I'm going to vent that I didn't even get so much as a token spam...LOL!!!!!

i ought to clean my message box, haven't recieved a PM or sent one in ages! it's too stuffed.

First my computer died (grandson said it is fried..)
then my washer leaked all over the floor
then the ice maker in my fridge went berserk
the Dr changed my depression meds last month and made things worse.
But I have my precious little Dove and my very mischievous little Buddy.(Yorkie)..he is always in trouble but all I can do is laugh and give him a big hug.

Hi Marge,
it's so good to see you . I've been wondering where you were. Take good care and come see us often, we miss you.
kadesma

while visiting my friend in the hospital, this occurred. the nurse and her daughter were in the room. they were discussing my friend. she might just have well be invisible. they should at least acknowledge her presence. just because we are older does not mean we are stupid and must be treated like a child. it is so dismissive of my friend. she hears , she understands and she needs to addressed as the knowing adult that she is. old age does not mean stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom