Old Venting Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am sorry that he didn't even say what a good job you did on the car.

I don't have my car washed very much but it supposed to rain here on Friday and I will be going out in the late afternoon so I hope it really rains hard and the dirt will come off the car.

csalt: How would you like to be a POA for an energetic 20 year old who occasionally goes on holiday? And lives on the other side of the world! :wacko:

Price on Application?

anyway, a vent for DH. Tomorrow is a big day for him and he can do nothing to control it from now on....his UK contract is being raised at the interntional partners meeting. He didn't know until yesterday, he's really tense about it, and frustrated because he was asked to a meeting with NO notice and asked to give a talk on a file he handled for about an hour about three weeks go.....given even ten minutes notice he would have refreshed his memory but he had an allnighter this week and quite frankly did not expect to have to handle this file again, especially not with no notice, and had not idea he would be presenting on it. He's kicking himself for making a "bvrutta figura" the day before his contract is discussed (also only told yesterday, just as grabbed to give this presentation...so doubly thrown). He's feeling he might have blown it.....I cannot seem to relax him, but just ran abath and gave him a drink in theree to wind down...

csalt said:
Poa?.................................

Power of Attorney.......taking care of some one's financial affairs, property, etc. and keeping up with phone numbers, addresses, and personal announcements like weddings and sports. Not to mention care package necessities. Oh, this reminds me, some taxes are due in two different states.

Oh I feel bad about my 'vent'.

Compared to yours and Lulus it's absolute peanuts isn't it?

kitchenelf said:
{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{CREWSK}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

I can't believe it!!!!!!!! Hey, need an agent for writing a book?

Know my thoughts are with you - as always!

How long do you have to sit & listen? It may take 6 months to a year just to get it all down!:LOL:

bethzaring said:
I have read that there is a recent dramatic increase in bone fxs in children and Vit D deficiency is being blamed. Is Savannah a milk drinker?

She is a really big milk drinker. She drinks about 1/2 a gallon every day.

Thanks everyone for your warm thoughs & support! I crashed when I got home from work yesterday & slept for about 4 hours.

Hey Crewsk...I missed this....I'm thinking of you.

csalt, my vent isn't huge...but we do want to come home to UK soon, and its just proving so hard for DH to get a UK contract... his firm find him invalauble in Italy...seriously, he gets to do some cool work because he is one of the few who can, and the reasons he has not got contracts with other firms are not a discussion appropriate for here imo, ;) It;s a selfish moan, at least he has a job, its just we would like to be home and trying to get on the spiralling UK property ladder etc etc etc

why do children only remember to flush the toilet.... when you are in the shower? :neutral: And further, an untimely vent, but realized vent, when I decide I want to take a bath, for fear of being scalded in the shower by their sudden aforementioned memory epiphany... then they need to go "like, really, really bad" and stink up a 47 foot radius? I am sure understanding will follow after the scalded skin stops throbbing... :wacko:

Your children are at that impressionable age that mine went through. I learned very quickly to watch TV with them. Cartoons (and especially cartoons) and Disney are chunked full of "slap stick" where no one gets hurt. And then there are commericals. I remember a commercial where Big Brother (BB) is taunting Little Brother (LB). BB is in the shower and LB flushes the toilet in revenge. We watched a cartoon where Deputy Dog was flying a helicopter and the bad guy handed him a pair of head phones with an ice pike in each ear piece. The problem with the props is that they are common household things. What child in the Midwest does not own a pair of winter ear muffies? And how easy is it to find a toy screw driver or pointed lego to put in the ear muffies? They can easily assemble a pair within minutes! You have to reason a lot of these things out for kids.....and Home Alone was a major event in our house! The bottom line is, if you don't have time to watch TV with kids then they should not be watching it without you. I am a firm believer that TV is not a babysitter. I remember watching a talk show where a parent was being interviewed in regard to her child's death. He had hung himself by a piece of rope or clothing from the top of the door or his bunk bed. He and his brother had just seen it on TV. It was funny and they decided to do it. Their mother was in a nearby room folding laundry.

You apparently have a thick shower curtain around your tub and now all you need is a bathroom fan. Spend time with your kids, after all, it's a temporary job. How will they learn to handle all the big stuff?

csalt said:
Oh I feel bad about my 'vent'.

Compared to yours and Lulus it's absolute peanuts isn't it?

I am sorry. I didn't realize that I was being so rude. Please accept my apology. I am glad that you said something. I think about how hard it is to clean a car inside and out. And it is an exhausting job. I would not want a job detailing cars for anything. My feelings about your situation of not feeling fully rewarded for a job emaculately completed: How would you feel if someone suddenly done all the things that you put off, procrastinate over, and have every intention to do? Your Mr. csalt will recover sooner the more he is needed to fulfill all these things. The less he is needed, the more he will resent the things you do that are his to do.

csalt, I don't think anyone found any of your posts rude. You are always brimming with kindness to others.

Oops. I meant STIRBLUE!!

Last edited:
I never find the posts rude. People are going through such trying and hard times these days that sometimes we react because of our own thin skins. I can't think of a soul on here who would hurt someone, especially when they are feeling down.

I know I'm exhausted. Mr HB and I have had a very difficult few years and finally we're seeing a light at the end of the tunnel. It's a pin point, but it's light.

I can only be happy because we didn't have to go through this tough time with children. My heart aches for those of you with hard problems who also have to worry about your babies, children and teenagers. I am so sorry and I will pray for your difficulties to go away. Life can be hard.

Last edited:
No one is rude, we all know if we are posting here the other people reading are in extremis or at the end of tethers or just having a bad day. We understand how it goes, and all gripes are best posted here than sat on, big or small.

My dearest wishes to everybody this weekend.

Alix said:
csalt, I don't think anyone found any of your posts rude. You are always brimming with kindness to others.

I was apologizing to csalt because I did not address her post. I felt so awful when she replied about the peanuts. Again I feel thoughtless and inconsiderate.....shame on me! :(

csalt, Stirblue,
I've never found either of you to post anything rude. I find you both to be honest, kind, helpfull to others..Just keep on being you. It's a treat to chat with both of you.

kadesma:)

StirBlue said:
I was apologizing to csalt because I did not address her post. I felt so awful when she replied about the peanuts. Again I feel thoughtless and inconsiderate.....shame on me! :(

Stir Blue..there was absolutely no need to apologise for anything! You just helped me to realise that I was being pretty petty ( one of my virtues!:LOL: )
What I love about DC is it's honesty but it's total kindness.:)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom