The Countdown begins

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The Countdown begins...

• We celebrate something else and it is/was wonderful.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I still have to go to Trader Joe's to get some wine and champagne for two parties that I was invited to.

The wine is for Christmas Day and the champagne is for New Years Day.

With mommie in the hospital, it has been very hard to get ready and to know what we are going to do for Christmas. Their house has always been the Christmas Eve tradition. I think we will take her some presents and treats to the hospital on Christmas (I guess). We just aren't having the best Christmas.

CarolElaine......

I lost my mother about 18 months ago..this will be second Christmas without her...By-all-means...carry your mother treats and gifts.. and shower her with lots of TLC. It can and will be a great Christmas!!!!!!

Merry Merry Christmas!!!

In a word, no. In several words, not by a long chalk. In lots of words, aagh repeated ad infinitum.

I've only gotten to the list stage. I do have a few gifts that I knew would be hard to get, but nothing else. The rest I just go out, list in one hand, cash in the other. I don't come home until it's done. Kind of a search & destroy shopping mission. :cool: For food, others shop, I just bring knives and cook!:chef:

We only bought a few presents for the kids but I still need to wrap them. Glad to say I finished my xmas cards this morning and sent them out just in time. I need to get my grocery shopping list together tonight, we'll be doing that tomorrow. I was planning on cooking most of the weekend but dh put in for overtime on Saturday, so with the havoc the kids make, I won't be cooking much that day. Gotta buy a tree tomorrow too. Goodness, I'm gonna have a lot to do in town tomorrow.

I still want to make a couple kinds of cookies and peanut brittle, wrap 6 gifts (just buy for 2 grandsons). When busy, hate to think about cooking dinner these last three days before Christmas. Sunday, want to make my egg casserole and twice baked potatoes -for Christmas. Whats hard is Iam going to be watching the Grandsons both Sat. and Sun. - fun fun ! :w00t2:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom