Christmas cookies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pedi2309

Assistant Cook
10 different Christmas cookies - that's how I bake

Hello everyone,

Christmas time is the most wonderful time of the year for me. I love decorating the apartment festively, listening to Christmas carols and of course baking Christmas cookies.

Every year I bake at least 10 different Christmas cookies. There is something for every taste and the cookie plate is colorful and varied.

Here are my favorite recipes for 10 different Christmas cookies:

Vanillekipferl: The classics par excellence. I love the sweet, nutty taste of vanilla crescents.
Hazelnut Macaroons: Also an absolute favorite. The macarons are moist and soft and taste like Christmas.
Linzer cookies: The Linzer cookies are a real eye-catcher. The fruity topping of jam and nuts is simply delicious.
Shortbread cookies: Shortbread cookies are always a highlight at our Christmas parties. The colorful shapes and colors make it particularly celebratory.
Speculoos: Speculoos is simply part of the Christmas season. The spicy taste is unmistakable.
Chocolate Cookies: Chocolate cookies are always a hit. They are sweet, chocolaty and simply delicious.
Cinnamon stars: Cinnamon stars are a classic that never goes out of style. They are spicy, sweet and simply delicious.
Angel eyes: The angel eyes are a real eye-catcher. The white icing and blue sprinkles make them extra festive.
Cookies: Cookies are a great way to use up leftover ingredients. I like to bake cookies with nuts, chocolate, dried fruits or spices.
The recipes for these Christmas cookies are all relatively easy and quick to prepare. So I still have time for other things during Advent.

I hope you enjoy baking and snacking!

Last edited by a moderator:
They ALL sounds super delicious!
Never heard of Angel Eyes before, intriguing!
Do you think you could post the recipe?

and I don't see a recipe for Pfeffernusse! I have never yet made them but they were a Christmas favourite of mine back then.

1700595230677.png

Angel Eyes

Ingredients:
250 g
Wheat flour (Type 405)
70g
powdered sugar
1 pack
vanilla sugar
1 teaspoon
Lemon peel
1 pinch
Salt
150g
cold butter
Egg yolks (size M)
100 g
Currant jelly (or raspberry jam)
2 tbsp
Powdered sugar for sprinkling

preparation
For the shortcrust pastry, mix flour with powdered sugar, sift and place in a mixing bowl. Add vanilla sugar, lemon zest and salt. Cut the butter into small cubes and mix with the ingredients, kneading everything quickly.

With angel eyes you can vary the filling wonderfully, for example by filling them with caramel spread or nut nougat cream after baking. For a delicate nutty flavor, you can simply replace 60 g of flour with ground hazelnuts or almonds. So delicious!
Mix in the egg yolks last. Knead everything into a compact, smooth dough. Wrap the dough in cling film and chill for 1 hour. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees top/bottom heat (fan oven: 180 degrees).

Take the dough out of the fridge and let it return to a slight temperature for about 10 minutes. Form the dough into a long roll and divide it into 60 equal portions. Form each portion into a small ball and place on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Make a hole in the balls with a wooden spoon.

Heat the jelly or jam in a saucepan until liquid. Use a spoon to fill the small holes in the dough balls. Bake the cookies in the preheated oven for approx. 12 minutes, then let them cool completely. Finally, sprinkle the cookies with a little powdered sugar. The cookies can be stored in tin cans for several weeks.
If the jam in your cookies has reduced a little during baking or you would like to fill them after baking, that's no problem. Simply heat the jam in a pot until it is liquid. Using a teaspoon, pour the jam into the cavity, then let the angel eyes dry for 3 hours.

Thank you pedi, much appreciated. Even though now-a-days my baking is limited I have still noted that recipe. Looks and sounds sort of like what I would have called Thumb-print cookies.

I think what puzzled me (and still does) you mentioned White Icing and Blue Sprinkles.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom